Penalties for shooting a BB gun in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    He deserves a good asskicking. Those harmless BB's were no doubt ricocheting somewhere, besides wqho is he to damage the sign? :sad20: Is he 12 years old?

Dropped? :lol: When donkeys fly maybe.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=montgomery+county+maryland+firearms+laws

On a more serious note, welcome to MDS!

Please be advised, there are threads on here about local firearms laws. It would behoove you to check those, as they contain the reference links to the Municode samples of the various locality laws in play. Read here for a decent place to start your research here on MDS (the playful link at the top will also lead to some appropriate reading) - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=59964&highlight=local+laws.

Personally, based on my readings from those two locations, your friend is lucky that the call was handled by an officer willing to write a citation (I am assuming it is a "have to appear" variety). He could have been taken into custody for discharging a firearm within the Urban Zone.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    you guys are no help at all

Just like anonymous is not your personal army, MDS is not your personal law library for doing stupid crap. It's hard enough to maintain or advance 2A rights in this state without your or your jackass friend being a 'tard and ****ing things up. Destruction of public property? Discharging a weapon without concern for where the round winds up in a city notorious for not liking weapons?

I have an idea for how to help your friend afford a good attorney. Sell raffle tickets to board members here. The winner gets to kick your friend in the nuts as hard as possible.

I'm in for five.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Just like anonymous is not your personal army, MDS is not your personal law library for doing stupid crap. It's hard enough to maintain or advance 2A rights in this state without your or your jackass friend being a 'tard and ****ing things up. Destruction of public property? Discharging a weapon without concern for where the round winds up in a city notorious for not liking weapons?

I have an idea for how to help your friend afford a good attorney. Sell raffle tickets to board members here. The winner gets to kick your friend in the nuts as hard as possible.

I'm in for five.

Yeah, that!

May 15, 2012
    Pasadena, MD
    This is absurd. How dare you com to a site run by and patronized by responsible gun owners and ask for our opinion on getting your dumba$$ friend off for discharging a weapon within city limits. I try not to monday morning quarterback however, I would have taken both of you to jail. Did you ever think of what the consequences could be had an officer been driving down the street and seen you guys pointing guns in the direction of people and/or property?! I can tell you exactly what would happen as I was in this situation last week at work. I was driving down the street when I observed a man walking on the sidewalk with the barrel of what I believed to be an M-16 over his shoulder, I got out of my car, drew my weapon and gave one command to drop it. I will tell you now that that man had never been closer to death than he was that day. Had he done anything other than drop that gun (turned out to be an airsoft gun with orange tip removed) I was going to let him have it! I know my vest wont stop a rifle round, and it would have been justified. Now, had a less experienced officer found him/herself in that situation things could have been much different. Remember that next time you want to do something so stupid as to bring a gun outside and start pointing it around.

Note* All I saw was the muzzle and portion of this barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
      IMG_0913.jpg
      47.4 KB · Views: 634

extreme33

May 18, 2012
    ha ha ha wow so funny.
    yeah because hitting a stop twice is ****ing things up....
    I just wanted my questions answered, wrong site I guess.

** unless anyone can like just answer the damn question, please don't bother wasting your precious time writing stupid shit like this dude. thanks.

extreme33

May 18, 2012
    dude seriously I didn't know what this site was about I just thought it would help answer my question. Damn people, take a chill pill.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    This is absurd. How dare you com to a site run by and patronized by responsible gun owners and ask for our opinion on getting your dumba$$ friend off for discharging a weapon within city limits. I try not to monday morning quarterback however, I would have taken both of you to jail. Did you ever think of what the consequences could be had an officer been driving down the street and seen you guys pointing guns in the direction of people and/or property?! I can tell you exactly what would happen as I was in this situation last week at work. I was driving down the street when I observed a man walking on the sidewalk with the barrel of what I believed to be an M-16 over his shoulder, I got out of my car, drew my weapon and gave one command to drop it. I will tell you now that that man had never been closer to death than he was that day. Had he done anything other than drop that gun (turned out to be an airsoft gun with orange tip removed) I was going to let him have it! I know my vest wont stop a rifle round, and it would have been justified. Now, had a less experienced officer found him/herself in that situation things could have been much different. Remember that next time you want to do something so stupid as to bring a gun outside and start pointing it around.

Note* All I saw was the muzzle and portion of this barrel.

So you drew your weapon because someone was open carrying?

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    this might help

http://www.criminalpropertydamage.com/maryland/

Malicious destruction refers to willfully and maliciously destroying, injuring, or defacing property belonging to someone else. The charge and potential sentence you face for this Maryland property damage offense depends wholly on the value of the damage committed.

If the damage is greater than $500, you will face misdemeanor charges and be sentenced to up to 3 years in prison and fines of up to $2,500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom