• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    I can't comment on every place USA.

I can comment on school districts on the eastern shore of MD and several in DE.

The districts I have dealt with put disproportionately more money, per student, into the schools in economically depressed areas. After school programs, at risk programs, recreational facilities, behavioral staff, community outreach functions, etc.

Sounds about right, and makes sense. Regardless of how much and how many, it is their choice what they do with what their given.

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    Sorry. Why is it that so many white liberals (not saying that they're the only liberals, but) are "against the enforcement of illegal drug laws" in urban/black communities?

"Never heard of that. Are you implying that liberal whites don't mind seeing the demise of the black community, or it's their source for drugs? I know there are a lot of liberals that would not like to see enforcement because they thing drugs should be decriminalized."

I think he's referring to many of the politicians wanting to perpetuate the circumstances by keeping poor, black communities riddled with drugs and whatnot. I could be wrong though.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    "Never heard of that. Are you implying that liberal whites don't mind seeing the demise of the black community, or it's their source for drugs? I know there are a lot of liberals that would not like to see enforcement because they thing drugs should be decriminalized."

I think he's referring to many of the politicians wanting to perpetuate the circumstances by keeping poor, black communities riddled with drugs and whatnot. I could be wrong though.

I could be way off base with this but I've just seen it happen so many times. Law enforcement goes in and cracks down on the illegal activity then the liberals come from elsewhere and fight it. I think it has more to do with how people acquire their illegal drugs. We learned a lot from prohibition and there seems to be so many parallels here.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    They don't *cause* it, but they are certainly related factors. Poor, uneducated communities typically have high crime. Why? For a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is that there is very little education and even less chance of escaping the situation and making a viable living, thus individuals turn to crime as it may seem like the only way to survive. This is all made worse by the fact that politicians refuse to address the situations, instead SUPPORTING these communities, and declaring that this is just what these people do and it should be supported...and thereby adding more fuel to the fire by keeping an entire segment of the population as a scapegoat, capable of receiving the blame for various things, and apparently it works.

These people aren't murderers because they're genetically hardwired to be that way; it's due to how they're raised and it's what they have been expected to become by SOCIETY. Does this mean we should leave it this way and not blame them for their actions? Of course not, that system is broken as hell anyway. Barring some sort of neurological disorder, an individual is influenced by many factors, but makes the CHOICE to commit a crime.

Politicians don't refuse to address the situation; they created it. Designing a welfare system that pays people to destroy the basic family structure was probably one of those unforeseen consequences, but it's possible that it was deliberate.

Certainly designing a system that would deliver free food and money to the Southern poor was a deliberate ploy to break the so-called "solid South". (For those who don't recall, the South was a strongly Republican voting bloc, from the days of Lincoln. LBJ in his political masterstroke created a "Great Society" of permanent, generational Democrat voters, by giving them the keys to the Treasury.)

Democracies are on the road to failure when the masses discover that they can vote themselves money. That's why we were created as a republic, wherein it was hoped that the higher types would reach higher office, and exercise responsibility. That took a dive when we changed the Constitution to make for direct election of senators and presidents.

It's the greatest of ironies to realise that the liberal Democrats are directly responsible for the destruction of the Black family structure, and to watch them get voted back into office by the very voting bloc whose social structure and cohesion they've worked to destroy.

We breed for stupid. They multiply faster, and vote for the continuance of the system that keeps them down. Every now and then they get together and riot, and destroy their neighborhoods.

If I didn't dislike people so much, I wouldn't find them so amusing. But for the most part, folks get what they deserve.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    There are 19M whites living below poverty level. There are 10M blacks living below poverty level.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I don't like Ramsey's stance on gun control for sure, but I do have respect for him otherwise. It's my understanding from people who were closer to the heartbeat, that he was about the only agency head to stand up to that ******* from Montgomery County during the DC Sniper attacks and tell him he was doing it wrong. If Ramsey had gotten what I understand he wanted and the information had been broadcast about a black male in a dark colored Caprice, which was what DC police had from one of the first attacks in their city, about half of those people wouldn't have been killed. Instead that idiot from MoCo that the feds put in charge insisted on chasing after white delivery trucks. Because it seemed like one was always around when a shooting happened. No shit Sherlock, it's metro DC. You can't throw a ball up in the air without it coming down and hitting a white delivery truck. I tried telling people this and so did many others but I was Lieutenant Nobody and no one in the higher echelons wanted to hear it. So Baltimore City ends up checking on the suspects at a 7-11 parking lot and lets them go because there is no lookout for anyone matching their description. They then killed four more people.

Rant over. :)

Its funny but I was in nj durring that period..and even I knew the white truck sightings were not worth following up. Or even reporting on.. I assumed it was media stupidity...

This adds some background that I did not have back then..thanks.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    I don't like Ramsey's stance on gun control for sure, but I do have respect for him otherwise. It's my understanding from people who were closer to the heartbeat, that he was about the only agency head to stand up to that ******* from Montgomery County during the DC Sniper attacks and tell him he was doing it wrong. If Ramsey had gotten what I understand he wanted and the information had been broadcast about a black male in a dark colored Caprice, which was what DC police had from one of the first attacks in their city, about half of those people wouldn't have been killed. Instead that idiot from MoCo that the feds put in charge insisted on chasing after white delivery trucks. Because it seemed like one was always around when a shooting happened. No shit Sherlock, it's metro DC. You can't throw a ball up in the air without it coming down and hitting a white delivery truck. I tried telling people this and so did many others but I was Lieutenant Nobody and no one in the higher echelons wanted to hear it. So Baltimore City ends up checking on the suspects at a 7-11 parking lot and lets them go because there is no lookout for anyone matching their description. They then killed four more people.

Rant over. :)

The former Montgomery County police Chief Charles Moose gets the majority of criticism for that fiasco but it was our illustrious FBI who were in charge of that operation. Moose was mainly chosen as the spokesperson because the first shootings of the region began in his county.

http://fff.org/explore-freedom/article/forgotten-lessons-from-the-d-c-sniper-rampage/

I remember those days and I remember the massive Federal takeover. When Moose said that he didn't understand why there was such a persistence in tracking down a "white van" I have no doubt that he wasn't lying.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    The former Montgomery County police Chief Charles Moose gets the majority of criticism for that fiasco but it was our illustrious FBI who were in charge of that operation. Moose was mainly chosen as the spokesperson because the first shootings of the region began in his county.

http://fff.org/explore-freedom/article/forgotten-lessons-from-the-d-c-sniper-rampage/

I remember those days and I remember the massive Federal takeover. When Moose said that he didn't understand why there was such a persistence in tracking down a "white van" I have no doubt that he wasn't lying.

Moose was an illiterate jerk off. My brother knew him and he was a bigger ass in person than he came off publicly.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    When I heard Moose speak, my ears bled.

"...... dis imbestigation wiv duh uhver boys muhver ........"

If I remember correctly, my brother was in the reserves with him and moose was higher in rank. He was considered an affirmative action joke.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    If I remember correctly, my brother was in the reserves with him and moose was higher in rank. He was considered an affirmative action joke.

Moose was nothing more than a figure head during that sniper operation. He may be all that you say he is but he was no more in charge of that operation than the man in the moon.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Moose was nothing more than a figure head during that sniper operation. He may be all that you say he is but he was no more in charge of that operation than the man in the moon.

He wasn't capable of anything more. And why do we care about that douche?

Why are you so race obsessed?

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    He wasn't capable of anything more. And why do we care about that douche?

Why are you so race obsessed?

It was you who wrote that Moose was an affirmative action joke. Is that not a racial comment? What's your basis for that comment other than hearsay? I didn't know the guy but I know he was only the spokesperson during that sniper incident. Do you have any other information to the contrary?

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    It was you who wrote that Moose was an affirmative action joke. Is that not a racial comment? What's your basis for that comment other than hearsay? I didn't know the guy but I know he was only the spokesperson during that sniper incident. Do you have any other information to the contrary?

It's in reponse to you. His high rank can only be explained by affirmative action because he's so incredibly stupid. Oh, and my brother knew him, so I have something to go on, you don't. And my question to you about your constant racial theme is based on posts other than the subject of moose. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and come off like a couple of other members on this forum that seem to mostly post on threads that involve race.

Care to answer the question?

Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    It's in reponse to you. His high rank can only be explained by affirmative action because he's so incredibly stupid. Oh, and my brother knew him, so I have something to go on, you don't. And my question to you about your constant racial theme is based on posts other than the subject of moose. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder and come off like a couple of other members on this forum that seem to mostly post on threads that involve race.

Maybe he wants to point out actual racial problems in this thread? At a certain point in this thread, I know my threads were focused on racial problems, and that is due to the fact that some members here brought up the concept that an entire race is hardwired in a negative way, something that is factually incorrect, as well as one of the reasons 2A supporters are given negative stereotypes.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Maybe he wants to point out actual racial problems in this thread? At a certain point in this thread, I know my threads were focused on racial problems, and that is due to the fact that some members here brought up the concept that an entire race is hardwired in a negative way, something that is factually incorrect, as well as one of the reasons 2A supporters are given negative stereotypes.

There is a difference between pointing it out and wearing it on one's sleeve.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC

Yes, I'll answer that question.

I'm a pro-2A, conservative, pro life black guy. I also vote accordingly. I get tired of white conservatives automatically assuming because I'm black that I'm a liberal. I'm also tired of white conservatives assuming that all blacks are liberal/left wing simply because they're black. Do you ever wonder why so many black people are cynical of the Republican Party? Take a gander through this thread and observe all of the stereotypical comments.

I get on other blacks constantly about blindly supporting the Democratic Party and left wing causes and, for the purposes of this forum, anti-2A causes. It makes things a lot tougher for me when white conservatives make comments like "violence and destruction is within their DNA".

All I'm trying to say is stop trying to alienate your allies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom