• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    I'm rounding up a bunch of spare parts I have laying around and building out a few uppers.

I need three gas blocks and want the Picatinny rail style so I can mount a BUIS later.

I'm a little confused by the height descriptions, and actually wish I hadn't read through all the Q&As at Brownells...

In order to use regular BUIS (like MagPul) front & rear, I had *thought* that I needed a front rail height to match the A3/A4 upper receiver rail height, but now I'm not sure.

Trying to avoid ChiCom crap, and also would like steel vs aluminum.

I'm 97% sure I need the Midwest Industries "MCTAR-UHGB", which is said to be the same height as the upper receiver rail:
    https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...icatinny-prod26844.aspx?avs|Style_1=Picatinny

Advice? Suggestions?

Thank you!

Also looking for (1) A4 upper receiver (blem/normal wear/OK).

outrider58

Call me Gee
    MDS Supporter
    Yes. You need a rail height GB. I've got one lying around I'll never use, unless you'd rather order. Mine's free.

I've also got the lower picatinny GB(Rock River) that requires the taller front BUIS(Midwest Ind) which I also have.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yes. You need a rail height GB. I've got one lying around I'll never use, unless you'd rather order. Mine's free.

I've also got the lower picatinny GB(Rock River) that requires the taller front BUIS(Midwest Ind) which I also have.
    I wonder which one of us has a better inventory. lol.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    LOL, I just bought two lowers and one LPK (in case I was missing something) and ended up building them out from parts and never opened the new LPK.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    LOL, I just bought two lowers and one LPK (in case I was missing something) and ended up building them out from parts and never opened the new LPK.
    I accidentally kept the flash hider from the gun of a member whose gun I did a little work on. I had it in the plastic bin where I keep upper receiver parts in. I have about a dozen standard looking flash hiders. His would be the only LH thread in my inventory. His was the last one I checked. The bins on the shelf in there right of the room are all gun parts. Mostly AR. It’s silly. I’ve way over bought. I have at least 7 complete BCGs that aren’t in any of my Dozen ARs. Lol.
    2894BBAF-5A43-4168-AF42-B83D5B06CE42.jpeg

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Where I might have one of almost everything, you have ten!

:lol:
    It’s not untrue. If I needed one part, I’d just order 5 or 10. I also bought stuff when it was really cheap. Praise Yahweh, I have so much stuff. I might get a table at a gun show sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom