• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    Did a 4500 mile M/C trip last summer that included the same general area and Sturgis. The Bison in Badlands National Park surrounded us on the road and we couldn't move for 20 minutes. We were nervous because the bulls were bigger than the bikes and even some of the cars. Other than making a loud noise, my Kahr P9 was no protection.

T-Mac

Jan 8, 2013
    Doesn't look like they've made a whole lot of progress on Crazy Horse since I was there almost 20 years ago

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Man, those are some GREEAT PICS.....those statues are just amazing...the carving, dynamiting, just amazing if you think about it.

I spent a few weeks out in Sante Fe and Taos about 20 yrs ago, and the people there were great also. Very friendly, laid back. I remember one asking me if I was from the east coast...? I said yes, why would you ask that, and how did you know? ( wondering what he was up to, he was a co-worker of my friends wife ) and he was like, well.....you just do not seemed too relaxed. All you people from the east coast are like that! !! hahahahaha Well, not sure how true that was. I was also called a SOUTHERNER when living in Rhode Island for a couple years....first time for that also..

But out west, there is NOTHING like it here on the coast....just beautiful. I visited a National Park near santé Fe, where the native American built their caves into the side of a cliff/mountain, facing away from the sun. And their tribal gathering grounds, circle of rocks, had been rebuilt. It was some TUFF LIVING BACK THEN!!! No AC, NO ELECTRIC, NO CARS/BIKES...and.................................NO TOILET PAPER!! :-)

Thanks for sharing the pics.....I need to head out there b4 I croak.....

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I talk about the toilet paper like EVERYONE in the world uses it now a days, NOT TRUE from what I hear/read. What is the deal in Irag, they don't shake hands, cause they use one of them to clean their ass after a dump? Or, its ONE hand that you NEVER shake...? For any vets....how true is that? hahahahaha I have heard that from several sources, but still not sure if its true?

Man....that's DISGUSTING!!! hahahahha

Way back, I think it was like...2004-2005, an old girlfriend of mine was sending care packages to the guys over there, and I helped put a few together. If I would have known abut the TP situation, I would have sent a few rolls. :-)

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Doesn't look like they've made a whole lot of progress on Crazy Horse since I was there almost 20 years ago

You're not looking from the right angle. The mountain was about 4-5 times thicker than suitable for the horse section; they've been blasting away the sides for a VERY long time. The face was finished in the late 90's (97, I think).

Great pics my friend.

KCCO

:party29:

LMNOP?

Seriously I have no idea what that means. Is it some sort of army thing? I'm not in the army, so using their acronyms means nothing to me.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    is that a dance move or something? wtf is chiving?

Long story short.. two brothers created a website.. chi-cago (one brother) and ve-nise (the other) the cities they live in.. all dedicated for women pics posting what not..they got tired emailing each other half naked women pics. Hence the chive dot com.. But they do have another site dedicated for military folks, car folks etc. They now have dating site too.. lol

Daiuy

May 31, 2013
    My wife and I are taking an extended retirement vacation to see the USA (but in a Ford) and wil be there in August. Planning on trout fishing the Black Hills as well. Great pictures.

Feb 28, 2013
    Here's a nice one on a clear day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      87.2 KB · Views: 59

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    werd. we didn't really do a lot at the cemetery, but we did see hickock and calamity. dad's not as spry as he used to be, and it's walk-in only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom