• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Is there really not a thread about this already?

The nonsense that these people are spewing is ridiculous. Glad Alan Gottlieb is here to defend us at least.

Reminds me why I don't watch gun stuff on the news.. I have no voice here.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    He's just trying to elicit an emotional response, just like everybody else with no solid logical arguments. It drives me crazy how idiots like him and Chris Matthews just WILL NOT let people speak and it just turns into a pissing contest. It's not about who has the better arguments, just who can make them louder.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Piers is a big ole English Douchbag!!

all we need is a foreigner talking about US policy or American Constitutional Law

I don't not what it is with a lot of the British.

I have an industry "acquaintance" over in England. He used to frequent another forum. And he always seemed compelled to comment on American politics. It got really bad before the election.

He's now gone (by his own doing) from that site.

Then he sent me a Friend Request on FB. I accepted. Then he started poking the bear (pardon the pun) on FB, responding to some of my statuses with his left wing crap. Finally I just had enough and Unfriended him.

I always wanted to go to England one day. Always seemed like a cool place with cool people. But anymore, I'm not so sure.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Piers is a big ole English Douchbag!!

all we need is a foreigner talking about US policy or American Constitutional Law

He's just still butthurt that we were able to revolt kick their asses back over the Atlantic...

But seriously, these idiots would be a joke if it weren't for the fact that so much of the American public actually listens to them.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'd pay money to see a cage match between Piers Morgan and Stuart Varney. I can see Morgan going all fem and grabbing for Varney's toolbox and hair. Varney would take him out with one punch to the puss.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I loved it when that one guy said something like "People should be able to choose to have a gun because it makes them feel safe, but someone should also be able to choose not to have a gun and still feel safe in society."

Really now? So tell me, who's job is it to keep you safe? Are you not the one most invested in your own life? Then you should either take the steps necessary to ensure your own safety or face the consequences of your decision.

Above the line = emotional BS.
    Below the line = sound logic and an actual concept of reality.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    I loved it when that one guy said something like "People should be able to choose to have a gun because it makes them feel safe, but someone should also be able to choose not to have a gun and still feel safe in society.".

I read another quote last night from an Illinois rep similar to the "feelings" comment above. This is more of the "not getting it" going on there. I have no feelings of safety associated with 2A rights and CC. I don't carry to feel safe. I carry in hopes of more successfully responding to an eminent physical threat. I don't "feel" safer in my home with guns. I have guns in my home because I want to put myself in the best position to defend my family, were that terrible situation to arise. It is not a feeling safe thing, it is a preparedness thing. They insist on thinking everyone lives by the rule of "feelings". If someone has a gun in order to feel safe, they are misguided about the purpose of the tool.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The SAF/Brady/CNN episode on Piers Morgans' show, just in case you missed it...

Thanks for posting it. I was going to do it, but got sidetra- SQUIRREL!

Two things I can't stand- They only had one pro gun person per debate, but like two or three anti's each. I guess bullies only work well in numbers...
    And two, I hate how not even once do they make an argument that follows a logical process. They just throw a bunch of random questions from left field so that the poor pro gun person is just trying to keep up with answering all their questions, and never has time to actually make their point.... Anything to make us look like fumbling idiots I guess...

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Notice how the audio engineers keep the level of the guests well below Pierce so he can talk over them. He asks a question, then talks all over their answer and berates them. What an a-hole and a bully. Calling Gottlieb creepy was disdainful and over the top.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Notice how the audio engineers keep the level of the guests well below Pierce so he can talk over them. He asks a question, then talks all over their answer and berates them. What an a-hole and a bully. Calling Gottlieb creepy was disdainful and over the top.

^ yeah, I work as an audio tech for my church, so I noticed that too. Remember, as Piers said "It's my show"

:facepalm:
    What a spoiled brat..

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    I don't not what it is with a lot of the British.

I have an industry "acquaintance" over in England. He used to frequent another forum. And he always seemed compelled to comment on American politics. It got really bad before the election.

He's now gone (by his own doing) from that site.

Then he sent me a Friend Request on FB. I accepted. Then he started poking the bear (pardon the pun) on FB, responding to some of my statuses with his left wing crap. Finally I just had enough and Unfriended him.

I always wanted to go to England one day. Always seemed like a cool place with cool people. But anymore, I'm not so sure.

It still is. Don't let a few morons ruin it for the rest of them. You can say the same thing about us here in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom