• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    This is good to hear.

Nothing wrong with outreach and broadening the scope of the advocacy.

Ya'll are making me proud right now...
    Susan (jumps from planes) approached me about this idea before she posted anything here on the forum just trying to put her feelers out.
    (Back story) Susan and her husband have been friends of mine for years and back in Feb. of 2013 many of you met her when she spoke with us in Annapolis while her husband was deployed... This woman, and her entire family breathe freedom.
    Knowing her intentions, and knowing how involved we all are in promoting the 2A it was natural for me to encourage her to look for support here on MDS as well as throw my support behind her and her cause 100%.
    While I don't know many people in the LGBTQ community or understand much about it I can sure understand people questing for knowledge and the desire to protect themselves.
    Damn proud to see so many of us throwing our support behind a group that can gain from our knowledge and at the same time spread the word that the 2A protects us all.

ditto its our one life be who you are not who someone wants you to be we're stronger together

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Consider forming an associate club at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. Let me know if you need any guidance.

This sounds like a great idea and is a very gracious offer. Might be slow to start with members, but you'd build a very solid base within an extremely well respected organization. Think regional appeal and draw.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Another avenue, at least in the meantime, would be to check out The Well Armed Woman Central MD Chapter that meets at freestate gun range one Sunday a month. While it's only women and not LGBT specific, I know of several members who are and the group is very accepting. My wife started the chapter there and has since passed the baton. Many of the members came in as first time shooters. The staff is very accommodating to the group and has done many one on one training sessions for them.

I am not an instructor, but am willing to help in any way I can.
    One of my friends (a bear) is former army explosives and firearms expert. I will reach out to him and see if we can get him on board. He has a very big presence in the local LGBTQ community and is quite outspoken.

My bear friend has posted a link to this thread on his FB page.
    He would rather it be called "black and blue pistols" and thinks Pink Pistols is too fem of a name. Knowing how masculine he is, I chuckled- the dude is like a 300lb Puerto Rican lumberjack.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Most of us are firearm fans that don't care what you do in your private life. We just want more good, honest people to come out and shoot stuff with us!

^^^ This. Right here.

A lot of us older guys were raised in traditionally strict, religious, conservative households. My old man was career Navy 1941-1966 but he raised my brothers and sisters and I to believe that what goes-on behind closed doors is nobody's business. We're all Americans. The freedoms of privacy and individual choice is something we hold in the highest regard and will defend with our lives, if necessary.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I am pleased to see this happening. I would be more than delighted to support it any way I can: donation of money or time.

Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    Ya'll are making me proud right now...
    Susan (jumps from planes) approached me about this idea before she posted anything here on the forum just trying to put her feelers out.
    (Back story) Susan and her husband have been friends of mine for years and back in Feb. of 2013 many of you met her when she spoke with us in Annapolis while her husband was deployed... This woman, and her entire family breathe freedom.
    Knowing her intentions, and knowing how involved we all are in promoting the 2A it was natural for me to encourage her to look for support here on MDS as well as throw my support behind her and her cause 100%.
    While I don't know many people in the LGBTQ community or understand much about it I can sure understand people questing for knowledge and the desire to protect themselves.
    Damn proud to see so many of us throwing our support behind a group that can gain from our knowledge and at the same time spread the word that the 2A protects us all.
    Thank you... I love you man

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Best of luck! As others have said, the more folks fighting for the 2A the better! Also, the more diverse the 2a community becomes the faster we'll be able to knock down some of the stereotypes that all gun owners are homophobic, racist, old white guys.

One thing I'd add is that in addition to the self defense, and activism angle we shouldn't forget the fun angle! Shooting is fun, and that helps drive the enthusiasm we need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom