• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wendigo

Hungry
    Mar 31, 2013
    Reisterstown
    I was talking guns with a buddy the other day and got on the subject of bayonets for pistols. We both agree that they're kinda silly but that doesn't change the fact that I still want one. The only argument I could come up with to legitimize having a bayonet on a pistol was that in a HD/SD situation an assailant would be less inclined to try to grab your gun if it had a mean looking blade on it. I'm sure I'd be better served by attaching a good flash light instead, but it just doesn't have the same baddassitude as this..
    bayonet.jpg

So, any legit arguments for this or just embrace my inner tactifool :D

safecracker

Unrepentant Sinner
    Feb 26, 2009
    Unless your are part of a 21st century boarding party, they are impractical to the point of ridiculous, but they do look cool as hell so I'll give it a pass.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I sell them, a lot of them. $20 each, and a Zombie Apacolypse must-have item.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    They're cute , cool , and trendy. *Beacuse you want one* is all the reason you need to own one.

The best way to keep someone from a gun grab is shooting them. If you feel an overwhelming to hang somthing from a perfectly good pistol , a white light is probably most practical ( unless you are issued NVDs ) .

If you feel an overwhelming need to defend yourself with a blade , go directly to a proper Bowie , and don't clutter it up with a handgun.

T-Mac

Jan 8, 2013
    Haha love it! Post apocalypse must have. IF were talking about legitimate usage I'd want one to be similar to an ice pick. In and out nice and easy :bannana:

wlc

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    I bought one years ago, just because I could and it was something else to piss off the liberals

tvng22

May 9, 2013
    Looks cool but totally impractical. If someone is trying to take your gun they're pretty much in your face and that's your green light just to shoot them.

TrevorWills

May 20, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    In which then having a knife would be practical though I would have to agree that having it attached to your pistol is highly impractical, but not to have one on your person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom