• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Without reading through the SB changes that happened can anyone tell me if its ok to purchase a Pistol Caliber Carbine (AR chambered in 9mm)? Not as a pistol itself or an SBR but a 16" rifle. Do I need it to be an HBAR?

Thanks!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yes. I just bought a YHHM 9mm dedicated lower (cash and carry) and built a 9mm AR. You can also buy a Multi-Cal lower and build one from that however that lower would be a 7Day wait. Engage has some REALLY cool glock lowers in stock that they built. I fondled one but couldn't drop the coin, quality product.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    Sorry mp,

Mistakenly thought you meant you could ONLY do a 9mm AR on a dedicated lower. Missed part of your post about using a multi-caliber upper. I got it now.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Sorry, I'm not understanding. There are other available calibers/legal configurations available that aren't build on a "dedicated lower". I thought that FSA 2013 only banned 223/5.56 versions with barrel diameter of less than .750 dia.

Does a 9mm AR rifle really need (by law) to be configured in such a way that it will not be compatible with a rifle caliber upper? Post FSA 2013 HBAR versions of a 223/5.56 AR could technically accept a pencil barrel upper, though it would not be legal. Post AR lowers are not made only to accept HBAR uppers.

So if a 9mm rifle is built into a legal configuration, I still don't understand why the lower would have to be dedicated.

Not trying to be an ass, just want to understand why?

Can't tell ya bruh I can only tell you the law. You can buy a multi cal (556) lower and build it into 9mm but a multi cal lower is a 7 day wait. If you buy a dedicated 9mm, like YHM or Lone wolf that ONLY accepts pistol mags.....its cash and carry

I think your hung up on dedicated......meaning the lower is killed in a manner where it ONLY accepts pistol mags.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah, I'm tracking now. I must have been editing post #7 while you were replying.

If you really want a grasp on this talk to the staff at engage, Nate knows this topic to a T. I'm just a had retarded messager of a topic I hardly understand cuz it doesn't make sense ;)

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    It's amazing the knowledge and insight I can garner, just by reading a post all the way through, and completely.:D

Thanks for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom