• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Appreciate most of the replies.

First thing is, what is the backup for when you are not carrying and cant keep in car. Pepper spray was mentioned. Do you all carry a knife for backup? Or something else like brass knuckle-ish type of device? Keep a weapon in the shed?

2nd, Worst case scenario, you come home and door is wide open, no gun on you or car. If your lucky to own a second car WITH a back up gun in inside. If no gun, whats the plan. Hide a gun on property ( if no shed) ? It seems a solution is to always have a pistol locked up out of site in the car OR maybe know your neighbors who carry.
    You're not serious, are you? You probably are.
    Tell us about your experience clearing dwellings, slicing the pie, angles and distance. What's your preference, dynamic entries or planned?

Last edited:

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    ^ jappaj, Chill, The thread is about access to a pistol when you need it AND you follow the law, its a dilemma. Trying not to state the obvious here to keep it simple.

I just got mt permit yesterday. I'm trying to gauge if people keep their pistol in car in a situation where you cant enter a building AND not allowed where you park the car.

When I had a permit, stashed in car only when entering building is not allowed. On bike, concealed under the leather jacket
    Lemkowot,

I'm not trying to bust your chops. I'm being serious. I know nothing of you, nor your background. Maybe you live a very dangerous life. Maybe you have very advanced training, I don't know.

I will tell you that I'm in my 23rd year as a cop. I've been carrying concealed anywhere it was legal for a while. In more than two decades of doing this, I have never yet needed that gun off-duty. I have certainly not needed a backup gun, even when I lived near the low income housing in Joppatown or when I commuted through DC at 0100.

You're talking about stashing guns in sheds, in cars, around your property. You're asking about knives and brass knuckles as backup weapons. This comes off to me as someone looking for a reason to buy and store stuff. I have known some seriously dangerous people. None have carried brass (or plastic) knuckles. I respectfully suggest that perhaps you need to take an objective and honest look at your real threats and do everything in your power to minimize them. The absolute number one best way to not lose a fight is to avoid being in them.

That said, I'll leave your thread. There are plenty of people who will attempt to help with exactly the gear related answers you seek. Whatever you decide upon I wish you luck.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    How did you deal with these things in New York ?

Which gun was stashed outside , the G23 or the BDM ?

Does anyone else except OP and myself remember the BDM ?

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    balderdash. The clear answer is to pickup a strong magnet, ninja-turtle your way into the nearest sewer, and store it safely inside your manhole, stuck to the bottom of your manhole's cover. Alternatively, I like hot-gluing feathers to it and then placing it in a nondescript tree nearby... the ol' glockatoo trick. Then again, it being 2022, your gun can simply identify as an emotional support dog... or the glockapoo trick.

"the ol Glockatoo trick"

bwahahahahaha! :clap:

winch

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2011
    Towson
    I got the underseat locking case with the cable but that was a hassle so I bought a console vault.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    The clear answer is to pickup a strong magnet, ninja-turtle your way into the nearest sewer, and store it safely inside your manhole,

I'm confused... at first you were talking about crawling into the sewer and now you're talking 6 o'clock carry... :confused:

That can't be comfortable when you're crawling.

Alternatively, I like hot-gluing feathers to it and then placing it in a nondescript tree nearby... the ol' glockatoo trick.
    :rofl:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    How did you deal with these things in New York ?

Which gun was stashed outside , the G23 or the BDM ?

Does anyone else except OP and myself remember the BDM ?
    I have a two-tone practical model, that I bought in 2004.
    I was looking for a Hi-Power at the time and found a nice used one at a good price.
    The only downside is that finding standard capacity magazines for a decent price, as these were only for sale a few years before the ASW ban of 1994 restricted the magazines to 19 rounds.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Appreciate most of the replies.

First thing is, what is the backup for when you are not carrying and cant keep in car. Pepper spray was mentioned. Do you all carry a knife for backup? Or something else like brass knuckle-ish type of device? Keep a weapon in the shed?

2nd, Worst case scenario, you come home and door is wide open, no gun on you or car. If your lucky to own a second car WITH a back up gun in inside. If no gun, whats the plan. Hide a gun on property ( if no shed) ? It seems a solution is to always have a pistol locked up out of site in the car OR maybe know your neighbors who carry.
    For your 2nd worst scenario, call 911 and wait outside, it really is that simple.
    If you are looking to protect property, don't....In Maryland force cannot be used to protect property, only life of your self and others. And since you are in no danger, standing outside waiting for LE, why would you enter your house and change that?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    ^ jappaj, Chill, The thread is about access to a pistol when you need it AND you follow the law, its a dilemma. Trying not to state the obvious here to keep it simple.

I just got mt permit yesterday. I'm trying to gauge if people keep their pistol in car in a situation where you cant enter a building AND not allowed where you park the car.
    In this case, not permitted in building or the parking lot...Go somewhere else. If it happens to be your place of work, figure something else out, unless you don't like your job. While "no firearms" signs have no force of law, I'm sure your employer would have no issue firing you for violating their property policies.

If I end up in such a situation, and it's not work related, I go somewhere else to conduct my business.

When I had a permit, stashed in car only when entering building is not allowed. On bike, concealed under the leather jacket

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Carried g23, bdm relegated to truck. Now its not so simple, hence the thread. For the record, there is no better full size carry than the BDM for decades. Bad timing on the magazine issue thanks to billy partial birth abortionists.

I would like to host a pistol on my property as an escape to option, opposite the home. No plans to carry in the yard. The gunsafe recommendation is probably a must have but not sure how fast to remove. Which reminds me need to get one for the house. Cant keep it in the noghtstand. Pistol of choice is a stainless 6" 357 for outside
    Why would you ever need a firearms "stashed in your yard as an escape option"???

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Why would you ever need a firearms "stashed in your yard as an escape option"???
    sponmge.jpg

Sep 30, 2021
    Carroll County
    balderdash. The clear answer is to pickup a strong magnet, ninja-turtle your way into the nearest sewer, and store it safely inside your manhole, stuck to the bottom of your manhole's cover. Alternatively, I like hot-gluing feathers to it and then placing it in a nondescript tree nearby... the ol' glockatoo trick. Then again, it being 2022, your gun can simply identify as an emotional support dog... or the glockapoo trick.
    OMG...that was pretty funny.
    My RAM actually came with a lockable vault in the console.

Sep 30, 2021
    Carroll County
    For your 2nd worst scenario, call 911 and wait outside, it really is that simple.
    If you are looking to protect property, don't....In Maryland force cannot be used to protect property, only life of your self and others. And since you are in no danger, standing outside waiting for LE, why would you enter your house and change that?
    Exactly. Duty to retreat. You are not IN your house. You are not IN immediate threat. Call the police and move back. Period.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I used to use hollowed out tree trunks as weapon stashes, until a raccoon found one and blew its little head off. Who knew they could use their little paws like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Antlers09

Aug 6, 2013
    MD
    Just put a Biden sticker on your car and no one will suspect that there’s a firearm in it.

JK. Or not.:)

My place of employment is a public school so I won’t carry to work. I
    live close to the school so it isn’t a problem for me to stop home to get it if I’m going somewhere else. Unfortunately there isn’t much I can do about not carrying to and from work. I don’t like the idea of parking off campus to be able to carry.

Antlers09

Aug 6, 2013
    MD
    Then a Trump sticker may thart a car jack. This, pepper spray and knife are my only options for the car. Can bring pepper or knifr into office.

I think ccw permits allow to be on school premesis, but respect your choice.

Nope. State law prohibits any gun on school property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    Just put a Biden sticker on your car and no one will suspect that there’s a firearm in it.

JK. Or not.:)

My place of employment is a public school so I won’t carry to work. I
    live close to the school so it isn’t a problem for me to stop home to get it if I’m going somewhere else. Unfortunately there isn’t much I can do about not carrying to and from work. I don’t like the idea of parking off campus to be able to carry.
    Not a bad idea. Had a friend many years ago that used to keep a snub nose 38 in a wadded up Mcdonalds bag on the floor of his car.
    A few empty cups and napkins laying around just made it look like he was a slob.
    He just had to remember which bag to grab off the floor if he needed it.
    Wouldn't want to pull a half-eaten double cheeseburger on a car jacker :sign07:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom