• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Any "Micro" pistol red dots that have integral rear iron sights?
    Thinking of RMSC/507K size

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Any "Micro" pistol red dots that have integral rear iron sights?
    Thinking of RMSC/507K size

The SIG Romeo Zero, as one example, does. That's on my carry P365.

365xlzero-left-web_2.jpg

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    How do you like that sight?
    I remember mixed reviews when it 1st came out

So far so good. SIG sent me a too-good-to-pass-up-on short lived promo offer on the pre-cut slide with the R0 as a kit. I carry whenever I go out, and since the dot is motion activated, it's awake and being lit for hours at a time some days. The SIG-provided battery gave up after about 4 months. I've replaced it and have been on the same one for another 4 months or so, going strong so far.

Once I got the R0, um, zeroed in, it's been dead on every time I've worked through a mag at the range. With 50+ eyes, it's been an interesting thing to get used to, but I'm more and more sold on optics like these. Takes a little while to get used to acquiring the dot, but this one appears nicely whenever I happen to point the P365 naturally, so in a pinch, I should be seeing it quickly. Most of the use this gun is likely to see (in the very unlikely event it EVER gets used for real) is probably just point shooting anyway. The dot is good enough for me to reliable solve steel hostage-style target challenges at 20 yards if I'm not huffing and puffing too much. Did I mention 50+? lol

Anyway: the fixed sights are there and are functional if the dot fails, so I'm not feeling like it's a big risk to have that optic on the gun. If I decide I don't like it down the road, I've got the original slide to go back to.

I've got bigger optics on a couple of larger pistols (think, G19/17) and appreciate the larger field view and easier dot acquisition that comes with them. But those are pretty much just range toys for now. This is my life-or-death pistol, and I wouldn't be sporting that SIG Romeo if it didn't feel trustworthy.

Last edited:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    407Ks/507Ks also have them. The trick with all of these is finding a front sight at the right height, which is not as obvious as it should be (and can depend on the depth of your optic cut).

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I just looked this up,, Kinda shocked it is only a 6 MOA dot,, and not a configurable reticle like many of their newer offers.

Not seeing what this has over the 407K at twice the price.

EDIT: OK, it is fully enclosed,,, but does not (Yet?) have the full feature set of the later Holosun offers

The new, but not yet available, Holosun EPS Carry will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom