• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Everest

Jun 5, 2016
    I recently discovered that shooting clays is pretty darn fun. but given how i am a college student and can not afford too join a club. my question is there some place close to Frederick or Baltimore county that two college students can set up a thrower and shoot a few boxes of clays for a low price (say 10 bucks for the day). i know about elk neck and myrtle grove but both are about 2 hours away with toll roads. any help is appreciated

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    From Baltimore county, I would look for swamp/marsh areas that aren't National Wildlife Refuge or totally fenced off for toxic waste superfund sites. The sort of place gangs or union reps leave non-conformists. A few extra gunshots probably won't be noticed. Just thinking outside the box. :innocent0

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You'd probably like shooting regular organized trap. Most abundant in this area and cheapest per round to shoot. The Private Property thing isn't always as glorious as it sounds, I've been to some farm shoots where there are so many people, and so many targets being thrown at once it gets totally wasteful, and boring after about 10 minutes.

Everest

Jun 5, 2016
    Since I posted this earlier I figured I would do some math, unless I plan on shooting more then 50(actual number is 66) targets on any given day it would be cheaper to go to a proper location such as Loch raven or PG trap and skeet unless I could find land free to use (not likely since everything costs money).this would probably also be more fun and have more variety. I thank you all for your helpful responses. I do look forward to checking out the clubs you suggested on their public days when I have the time.

I thank y'all for being respectful and answering my question to the best of your abilities,

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    Also Carney Rod and Gun Club in Baltimore County. Wed nights is public trap and I think I paid $5 per round last time there but can't remember exactly.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've only done a few fun rounds at Loch Raven but I like the folks and facility. It's clean, good equipment, has rentals if needed, and I don't recall it breaking the bank.

Their website shows 7.50 a round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom