• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • python

Apr 15, 2010
    I had this out of the safe last night and wanted to post it for you plastic semi-auto fans so you can appreciate the gun makers art, instead of something that came out of a mold. LOL. It's a S&W model 66-1. A pinned and recessed beauty.

Attachments

• IMG_20170610_082608.jpg
      IMG_20170610_082608.jpg
      82.5 KB · Views: 393

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I have its lightweight cousin, a Model 37 Air-weight. It's almost 60 years old, but it's a great shooter still. It may not be pretty, but it's a fine little carry piece.
    f435b92bac7fe93cce25eaee4cf05617.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I have its lightweight cousin, a Model 37 Air-weight. It's almost 60 years old, but it's a great shooter still. It may not be pretty, but it's a fine little carry piece.
    f435b92bac7fe93cce25eaee4cf05617.jpg

I've always been a "function over form" guy.

What's not to love ? That's as pretty as it gets.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I had this out of the safe last night and wanted to post it for you plastic semi-auto fans so you can appreciate the gun makers art, instead of something that came out of a mold. LOL. It's a S&W model 66-1. A pinned and recessed beauty.
    Now you did it. Going to cruise GB looking at short barrelled K-frames.

Nice pic.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland

That is a beautiful gun!

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    This pictures ALWAYS immediately comes to mind when seeing his name. :thumbsup:

Anytime I see a M19 4" , I think of him.

Got to meet him twice at the SHOT show and he was still a forminable presence in his late 70s. The man was 6' 6" and that picture doesn't lie, his hands are that big.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Plastic?

I'm sorry... please pardon me if I just don't "get" the whole contrary competitiveness between what folks like... or don't...

Why must one always be "better than" another? Every piece I own ... whether steel or plastic ... has its own appeal and purpose.

Is it a nice looking revolver? Yes... It certainly is.

Does it need to be compared to a polymer framed pistol to make it a nice looking revolver? NO, it certainly does not.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Plastic?

I'm sorry... please pardon me if I just don't "get" the whole contrary competitiveness between what folks like... or don't...

Why must one always be "better than" another? Every piece I own ... whether steel or plastic ... has its own appeal and purpose.

Is it a nice looking revolver? Yes... It certainly is.

Does it need to be compared to a polymer framed pistol to make it a nice looking revolver? NO, it certainly does not.
    If only they would make a polymer framed revolver in .40 S&W that would fit a 1911 holster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom