• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JOESTEELER

Jul 23, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I ordered a Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm Patrol Carbine from Botach Tactical . Maybe the price of $ 575.00 had me drooling. They have given me the run around for six days. My FFL sent his info by email and fax but they still don't have it. My calls go straight to voice mail live chat is always off line. Had bank cancelled transaction . Beware of Botach there is some thing wrong.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'll buy some stuff from them, but not a firearm.

FWIW, I've yet to have an issue with them - yet.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I ordered a Beretta CX4 Storm 9mm Patrol Carbine from Botach Tactical . Maybe the price of $ 575.00 had me drooling. They have given me the run around for six days. My FFL sent his info by email and fax but they still don't have it. My calls go straight to voice mail live chat is always off line. Had bank cancelled transaction . Beware of Botach there is some thing wrong.

I'm sorry that you've gone through this, but glad you didn't lose money. I appreciate that you've posted your experience. I see this deal on Slickguns all the time, and have thought of buying the carbine from Botach (and had it not been for another unsatisfactory interaction with a different online firearms seller that I recently had, I might have hesitated less and made the purchase).

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Try Bud's Gun Shop, and have them send the rifle to a local dealer. Seems like people have had good luck with them.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Try Bud's Gun Shop, and have them send the rifle to a local dealer. Seems like people have had good luck with them.

Some dealers won't accept transfers from Bud's. They are a pass through and don't maintain an inventory. They often sell for less than a dealer can buy one from his supplier.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Some dealers won't accept transfers from Bud's. They are a pass through and don't maintain an inventory. They often sell for less than a dealer can buy one from his supplier.

Bud's has a list of pre-approved dealers. Those dealers have agreed to take shipments from Bud's, and do a transfer for a set fee that you can see up front. It's okay for them, since they set the transfer fee, and don't have to buy the gun on their credit line. And good for you, since you get a better price then the dealer might have offered, since most of our local guys don't get any volume discounts. And never mind that some of them are completely worthless at ordering anything special. This way you get what you want.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Bud's has a list of pre-approved dealers. Those dealers have agreed to take shipments from Bud's...

Be careful with this. Just because a FFL did a transfer from Bud's for one of their customers doesn't mean they will do it for all of their customers. Contact the FFL that is on Bud's list BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. Otherwise, the FFL might get pissed and charge you two to three times their normal transfer fee.

You might end up paying $100 plus in transfer fees for a $300 rifle.

DavidWB

Jan 24, 2015
    Westminster MD

Thanks for the heads-up! I was thinkin' of ordering the same from them, glad I've not moved on that impulse.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?

Stupid LGSs and their "suppliers" but why would that bother the FFL, other than they may or may not be a grudge holding wingbat?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Stupid LGSs and their "suppliers" but why would that bother the FFL, other than they may or may not be a grudge holding wingbat?

Because they'd rather make no money than $30-$50 for 10 min of paper work. All they're doing is pissing off a potential future customer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom