• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Discovered yesterday that the supply pipe from my well, where it enters the house through the foundation, is leaking. Not the elbow, or connection to second pipe, but appears to be coming from within the foundation. Not an easy fix.

I had to remove the back of a closet one, detect the leak, and two get to the stupid thing. I'm going to need to remove more drywall within the closet due to the water damage after the leak is fixed.

What I need is a reputable plumber who is experienced in this type of repair. Licensed, insured, and professional preferred.
    Any thoughts, I'm in Montgomery county.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I used chuck the plumber on a recommendation from another MDS member. They were good to talk to. Felt they did a good job for a fair price. They have good reviews on yelp also. I believe they are in Olney. Just google him.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Thanks, looks like he does inside only. Will still look into but I have a feeling outside work may be required.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Sorry, Don't know where you are located. Thought I was looking in the So. Md. section.

Crabby,
    Call Paul Hayden.
    They are good guys and Paul has like 14 kids. So lots of sons.:)
    And they are in Huntingtown

http://www.southernmarylandplumbing.com/

Phone: (410) 257-3025
    Phone: (410) 741-5072

Paul C. Hayden Jr. & Sons Plumbing & Heating, Inc.

Last edited:

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I was a Bethesda kid most of my youth and I grew up with the Leahy Boys.
    The family runs Leahy Plumbing & Heating in Bethesda. Good People.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Not that anyone is interested, I was informed when the house was built, the inlet from the well and power supply wire were not put in a "sleeve" through the foundation. So in essence, the supply line and power wire are encased in the concrete. Over time the earth settling can apply pressure and ultimately create cracks in the pipe that can leak inside the house.

Solution: dig up the outside, repair said pipe, and add a sleeve to protect the pipe from future damage. All in all, the quote was much better than I thought.

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    Not that anyone is interested, I was informed when the house was built, the inlet from the well and power supply wire were not put in a "sleeve" through the foundation. So in essence, the supply line and power wire are encased in the concrete. Over time the earth settling can apply pressure and ultimately create cracks in the pipe that can leak inside the house.

Solution: dig up the outside, repair said pipe, and add a sleeve to protect the pipe from future damage. All in all, the quote was much better than I thought.

No one is interested... except for other homeowners that have also have lines and what not in their foundation lol.

Glad to hear you got it fixed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom