• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    This question is for you guys that regularly carry via a pocket holster.
    Today I tried an LCP with the pocket holster it comes with. It's a NOGO as the holster comes out with the gun. I also tried a Sticky holster with a G43 and same deal.
    May years ago an old timer showed me how he uses a pocket holster for an Airweight and it worked great. If I remember correctly, he used a leather holster.
    My question is, what is a great pocket carry holster that won't come out with the gun??

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I have a Superfly from DeSantis that seems to work well. Not my favorite carry method, but the holster stays in the pocket pretty reliably. My only negative comment is that it sometimes rotates in the pocket.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just ordered one of these for an S&W J-frame:

I'm getting the rough side of the leather on the outside of the holster; helps keep it sticking to the pocket, and the smooth interior surface aids in slipping the pistol free of the holster.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    The only thing I pocket carry is LCP in Nemesis. Works well.
    I try to make sure I press the pistol slightly into my leg and make sure I drag the bottom of my hand, pistol and holster against where the pocket meets the leg seam of my pants. It hooks the holster if it starts coming out of my pocket.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    Never had a problem with my Desantis Nemesis pocket holster. Maybe you just need to work on your draw technique.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The DeSantis Nemesis works well with my LCP. It's best to sort of pull back on the pistol while drawing it to be sure to anchor the holster in the pocket. It also works best for me with certain pants with roomy front pockets.

I can also carry in my back pocket, but the draw is slow.

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    I pocket carry a LCP Max with the supplied holster when wearing shorts. A binder clip on the outside of the pocket (which is inside the shorts) clipping the pocket and holster together holds it in place reliably and allows for draw. The pocket will still pull out a bit but the gun comes out cleanly. I’ve been meaning to add a snap to all of my shorts and the holster to simplify but the binder clip has become routine. Of course, reholstering is not efficient.

Lane Meyer

Jul 20, 2020
    Cecil County
    Does the curved kydex hook on the Alabama reduce printing? I have been carrying my LCP Max in the soft holster that came with it and an old uncle mikes I had for another gun. Both work ok but the gun prints pretty prominently if my pants are the least bit tight or thinner material.
    I have a couple of pairs of shorts where printing is an issue. As a test, I folded a thin piece of cardboard (it’s actually a heavy junk mailer folded double) in a rectangle that fills the pocket. I figured if it worked I’d replicate it with thin plastic. The cardboard works so well that I have yet to bother with the plastic. I used it today, in fact. It makes the print a rectangle which could be a phone, wallet, or whatever.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Today I tried an LCP with the pocket holster it comes with. It's a NOGO as the holster comes out with the gun. I also tried a Sticky holster with a G43 and same deal.
    May years ago an old timer showed me how he uses a pocket holster for an Airweight and it worked great. If I remember correctly, he used a leather holster.
    My question is, what is a great pocket carry holster that won't come out with the gun??
    Highly recommend the Recluse pocket holsters. I have these for LCP I, LCP II/Max (pictured with my Max) and P365. Great option but the draw takes some adjustment but easy with practice and rock solid.

Attachments

• 5A6FED16-4456-4400-9F70-86B61A1F69CD.jpeg
      5A6FED16-4456-4400-9F70-86B61A1F69CD.jpeg
      420 KB · Views: 85
    • 03308EFE-564B-4308-AD92-3478EF421586.jpeg
      03308EFE-564B-4308-AD92-3478EF421586.jpeg
      405.9 KB · Views: 79

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    I use a Sticky holster. It does alright for my LCP Maxx and another for my Sig P356. I have a Mika for my J Frame. And a little Don Hume for my Seecamp. And an eBay maker's one for my NAA Bug Out. I guess I like pocket carry?

cmsharp27

May 2, 2022
    Baltimore, MD
    I use an Elite Survival Systems pocket holster for my LC9 picked up from eBay. Don’t have anything to compare it to, but it usually stays in the pocket.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    I used to pocket carry pretty often. I always used a DeSantis Nemesis and never had any issues.

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    +1 for Alabama Pocket Holster - specifically with an LCP Max. The draw is super easy and fast, particularly with the little lip they make for your thumb.

The shape of it does a very good job of disguising the silhouette of the gun - I can't fathom anybody looking at it and not immediately assuming it's just a wallet, with zero hesitation.

I suppose in theory some of the other designs - like I've seen posted above - where there's actually a full rectangular leather 'backer' breaks up the silhouette even more, but I don't think there's any need for that compared to the Alabama holster. And I say that as someone who has been carrying nonstop in a "non-permissive" environment (not at all illegal, but I do NOT want to bring attention to it). As has also been pointed out above, such holsters also hinder the draw a bit - whereas the draw on the Alabama is fantastic.

I've used some other pocket holsters for both the LCP Max and a Bersa 380 CC, and after using the Alabama kydex pocket holster, I have zero interest in trying nor recommending any other design.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Here’s what I use, I’m happy with them.
    Very lightweight, and discreet. Holster stays in the pocket, when I draw. I have them for several small pistols, and my j frame.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I have been playing with several styles of pocket holsters. Sofar this is the best one I have made. It is made of leather, with a belt holder and keeps the weight off your pocket. When sitting the leather folds toward the gun and does not make contact with your side. It is comfy the gun easily slides out and slides back in also, no printing when wearing. My gun is a Kahr K-40 all sst no tupperware so for a small fran gun it is heavy which takes some of the recoil.
    ph.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom