• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Fouling a particle of foul: Make foul or dirty; pollute.

Okay I understand what Clandestine is saying (and I like this trigger):D. Okay a lower has a huge void where dirt, debris, etc and other "fowling" has a place to go (somewhere in that huge void). But with a drop in trigger such as this one, if debris gets caught in this much smaller area it can possibly cause malfunctions. The chances are higher with this smaller more compact area which can keep the dirt near crucial moving parts of the trigger.

I was just offering my view, please understand that I mean no offense to you Wayne. :)

Its good review. You do good work with your media posting. I always enjoy it. :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am eager to try one of those. Looks to be a refined Gieselle.

Now it is YOU who speaks of the unpossible. I am already buying up Gieselle triggers, are you gonna force me to swap them out again?

I sit in the corner sobbing, smelling of Militec and shame.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Now it is YOU who speaks of the unpossible. I am already buying up Gieselle triggers, are you gonna force me to swap them out again?

I sit in the corner sobbing, smelling of Militec and shame.

I'll be there to comfort you and buy your Geissele's at a reduced price. :D

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    No need to be all snarky and defensive Chad. I asked because I wanted a technical explanation, not a hypothetical. (Like those irrelevant over-the-beach videos some guys use to justify one guns superiority over another.) With my personal experience with unsuppressed ARs and M16s, the trigger group only accumulates a light coating of burnt powder, certainly not enough that (I think) would cause a malfunction. A quick internet search doesn't find any malfunctions caused by dirty trigger groups either. Perhaps a suppressed gun can cause much more crap to accumulate in a trigger group, possibly causing a malfunction. Maybe you could direct us to instances of this happening, because I can't find any?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No need to be all snarky and defensive Chad. I asked because I wanted a technical explanation, not a hypothetical. (Like those irrelevant over-the-beach videos some guys use to justify one guns superiority over another.) With my personal experience with unsuppressed ARs and M16s, the trigger group only accumulates a light coating of burnt powder, certainly not enough that (I think) would cause a malfunction. A quick internet search doesn't find any malfunctions caused by dirty trigger groups either. Perhaps a suppressed gun can cause much more crap to accumulate in a trigger group, possibly causing a malfunction. Maybe you could direct us to instances of this happening, because I can't find any?

That's too bad for you.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I still haven't put my Spikes Battle Triggers up for Karma yet. I swapped those out for Gieselle triggers after shooting Chad's. Dammit.

Then you better hope you never shoot my Geissele SD3G trigger in the .50 Beo, it's nice... :D

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Remember POF built this trigger for their guns, which are piston driven and should have significantly less powder fouling.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415655185.898148.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415655201.432331.jpg

Dirty trigger group.. For the benefit of an earlier discussion... Ugh

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Did you experience any malfunctions because it was dirty? Any change in pull weight or feel? I'm guessing no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom