• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    He was endorsed by the Maryland state lodge of the Faternal Order of Police.
    It doesn't matter.

There is no requirement for any police org to endorse someone so that they can post a generic sign which says "Police for CandidateX".

or Fire Fighters for
    or Trans for
    or Dumbasses for

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It doesn't matter.

There is no requirement for any police org to endorse someone so that they can post a generic sign which says "Police for CandidateX".

or Fire Fighters for
    or Trans for
    or Dumbasses for
    Right. The table I grabbed my sticker from was set up in the middle of the Annapolis Mall. All kinds of stickers for various professions as well as "women for Ehrlich" and "Democrats for Ehrlich".

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    It doesn't matter.

or Fire Fighters for
    or Trans for
    or Dumbasses for
    Until they are challenged on it. Then what?

It is highly unlikely, although not impossible, a candidate would say "endorsed by x" with "x" being a general term unless they had the backing of a specific group associated with "x" such as a labor organization.

A police/fire department is a government agency which cannot endorse. That was the point I was making. Hence, why candidates seek endorsements from labor organizations and such so they can say "endorsed by x" and point to who gave the endorsement.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Until they are challenged on it. Then what?
    Challenged by who? The candidate wasn't proclaiming any endorsement by any SPECIFIC group. If you want to claim police support you, you say that. You want to tout your endorsement by the FOP, that one you need to get. I can print bumper stickers saying "Truck Driver's for Joppaj" but if I want it to say "Teamsters for Joppaj" I'd better drop off a check at Teamsters HQ.

systemmaster

MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2009
    Lost
    Challenged by who? The candidate wasn't proclaiming any endorsement by any SPECIFIC group. If you want to claim police support you, you say that. You want to tout your endorsement by the FOP, that one you need to get. I can print bumper stickers saying "Truck Driver's for Joppaj" but if I want it to say "Teamsters for Joppaj" I'd better drop off a check at Teamsters HQ.
    The media. The opponent. Anyone with access to social media.

In the age of the interwebz with sites like Politi-Frace...I mean Fact, you can bet a candidate will be fact checked on any claimed endorsement. Even here, right now we are doing just that.

Just as the OP stated the sign reads, "Police for Pittman" when you look deeper you can see it is the union that endorsed him, not police in general.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    I'll never forget the group of AACO cops I ran into at the Glen Burnie DMV joking about "Martin O'Money" helping them get extra OT.

Rent seeking

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom