• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    I.o-Archer.jpg

Polish Beryl "Archer" 5.56X45 Rifle

The legendary Beryl Polish assault rifle is now available for the first time in the United States in a civilian version, the Archer. The remarkable rifle is made in Radom, Poland, and prominantly displays the trademark FB (Fabryka Broni) on the left side of the receiver. Featuring a hammer-forged barrel, the Archer easily produces 1” groupings at 100 yards! Available with either a collapsible or fixed stock and can include a full line of accessories such as matching Hi-Lux scope and original Polish military scope mount. It is also the only AK to feature a “bolt hold open” integrated into the safety lever on the right side of the receiver. Fully 922R compliant and ready for action, the Archer is an immediate favorite of anyone who’s a fan of the AK platform.

SPECIFICATIONS
    OVERALL LENGTH: 36 in.
    WEIGHT: 7lbs.
    BARREL LENGTH: 16.25 in.
    TWIST: 1:10 RH
    FINISH: Military finish
    FEATURES: Mil-Spec Receiver, Tactical
    Pistol Grip, Black Polymer furniture, Adjustable front & rear sight, & Tactical Swivel Sling

Check it out .

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1241.aspx

JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    Polish Beryl "Archer" 5.56X45 Rifle Video and Pics

Anyone else got some thoughts on this rifle ? Got to put in some time with one the other day and I really enjoyed it .. I obviously favor and enjoy the AK platform but the little upgrades on this rifle really function nicely and the 5.56 was a joy to shoot...

I.o-Archer.jpg

I.o-Archer-3.jpg

I.o-Archer-8.jpg

Polish Beryl "Archer" 5.56X45 Rifle

The legendary Beryl Polish assault rifle is now available for the first time in the United States in a civilian version, the Archer. The remarkable rifle is made in Radom, Poland, and prominantly displays the trademark FB (Fabryka Broni) on the left side of the receiver. Featuring a hammer-forged barrel, the Archer easily produces 1” groupings at 100 yards! Available with either a collapsible or fixed stock and can include a full line of accessories such as matching Hi-Lux scope and original Polish military scope mount. It is also the only AK to feature a “bolt hold open” integrated into the safety lever on the right side of the receiver. Fully 922R compliant and ready for action, the Archer is an immediate favorite of anyone who’s a fan of the AK platform.

SPECIFICATIONS
    OVERALL LENGTH: 36 in.
    WEIGHT: 7lbs.
    BARREL LENGTH: 16.25 in.
    TWIST: 1:10 RH
    FINISH: Military finish
    FEATURES: Mil-Spec Receiver, Tactical
    Pistol Grip, Black Polymer furniture, Adjustable front & rear sight, & Tactical Swivel Sling

Check it out .

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct1241.aspx

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    An AK in 5.56? Sacrilege! :D
    Seriously, aren't the mags rather expensive? RobertRTG had them new for $38 and surplus for $24. And I haven't really seen them elsewhere.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Ref; Ak's in 5.56.

When in Afghanistan I was "talking" to some Polish Soldiers. After a while of trying to understand each other we got to their rifles. They were NOT at all happy with their Ak's in 5.56 since NATO had made them switch from 7.62-39. I think they also blamed us for that which was a bit of a sore point.

The mags would be a sticking point for me (if the barrel isn't some sewer pipe or of the wrong caliber like past Century fiascoes). I can get AR and AK mags of std caliber readily and cheaply, not sure of any gain here unless you love Ak's and are willing to pay.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Ref; Ak's in 5.56.

When in Afghanistan I was "talking" to some Polish Soldiers. After a while of trying to understand each other we got to their rifles. They were NOT at all happy with their Ak's in 5.56 since NATO had made them switch from 7.62-39. I think they also blamed us for that which was a bit of a sore point.

The mags would be a sticking point for me (if the barrel isn't some sewer pipe or of the wrong caliber like past Century fiascoes). I can get AR and AK mags of std caliber readily and cheaply, not sure of any gain here unless you love Ak's and are willing to pay.

Magnolia State Armory makes AR mag adapters for AKs

https://magnoliastatearmory.com/products-page/magnoliastatearmory/

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    Even if it isn't the most accurate I just wouldn't trust it to not turn into a pile of dust after running it hard. I like how the description says easily 1 moa. Really?

They forgot to mention their 1MOA is from 3 feet away.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Poland makes ar mag adapters too. the Polish ones should be available shortly.

seeing the rear sight base is cut for the Beryl rail, makes me hope those will be available too.

these rifles are one of the most modern redesigns of the ak rifle, and Polish rifles have always been pretty bight quality. I'm guessing since they have the bayonet lug they are being imported like the saiga legion rifles, front end looks like mil spec, rear has a sporter stock and the mag well is low cap. then once imported the stock is swapped out with a us made one, 922 parts are added, and the magwell gets milled out for high caps.

I think once all the accessories are available those will rank up there with the valmets and the newer Galils/ south African r5's.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    Even if it isn't the most accurate I just wouldn't trust it to not turn into a pile of dust after running it hard. I like how the description says easily 1 moa. Really?

with good us made ammo? sure thing, I don't see why that would be tough to achieve. just watching the video that looked lime a real smooth shooter with very little recoil or muzzle rise.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    You can get (about) 1MOA out of 5.45x39. Numerous vids online show this (Sturmgewhere, NutNFancy, etc); no reason you can't also get it from 5.56 out of the AK platform. I just don't really see the reason to invest in an AK in 5.56 when surplus 5.45 is so cheap, and cheap 5.45 mags are readily available. (Tapcos to be fair, till the next wave of surplus mags hits the US, but they are at least available)
    Also, Saint Kalashnikov does not approve. :)

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Do you guys realize that few bolt action rifles are truely 1 moa rifles. Sure some of them do it some of the time, but repeatable and dependable 1 moa rifles aren't all that easy to come buy. Take a rifle and shoot 5, 5 shoot groups. If every group is sub moa then we can call it a sub moa rifle. I hardly ever see average shooters and rifle capable of this kind of accuracy. Much less a battle rifle.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Do you guys realize that few bolt action rifles are truely 1 moa rifles. Sure some of them do it some of the time, but repeatable and dependable 1 moa rifles aren't all that easy to come buy. Take a rifle and shoot 5, 5 shoot groups. If every group is sub moa then we can call it a sub moa rifle. I hardly ever see average shooters and rifle capable of this kind of accuracy. Much less a battle rifle.
    So true. The only way to really test accuracy is to put the rifle in a complete mechanical rest and fire whatever the mag will hold with the best match ammo you can find. If your rifle is really sub-MOA, the group won't get any wider no matter how many shots you fire. What you see on the Internet is generally a cherry picked 3 shot group, which, incidentally, has no statistical significance. A 10MOA rifle could conceivably fire one of those if you tried hard enough, due to the normal statistical deviation in results.

The price on the Archers strikes me as kinda high when it doesn't even include the scope mount or the left hand side selector. If you want us to pay Arsenal prices on an IO Inc rifle, it needs to be a better value proposition.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County

Russ, if you shoot a group of five rounds, and 4 are about 1MOA, but the last one is 2-3 MOA; would you still consider that a 3 MOA rifle? Not being a smarta$$, just wondering how someone who is a very accurate shooter thinks about this. Personally I can almost never seem to get consistent groupings. At least one will be a flyer. I generally consider the gun to be 1 MOA if it tends to shoot that; and think of the flyers as ammo/shooter related. (Not that I'm generally capable of shooting 1MOA, lol. Just using that as an example.)

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    I have no experiance with these, but my saiga 223 20" is a very low recoil gun. I moded the mag well to use circle 10 5.56 mags...yes, their expensive but worth it in my book. With tge bullet guide i have not had a single malfunction or anything even close. Extraction is as positive as any other ak, in other words the cases are landing about 20 feet away lol.

So far accuracy has shown promise, but i need to try more bullet types to find what it likes. Silver bear 55 gr hps ran 4-5 moa, im going to try fmj, then the 62 gr line eventually. Just because it has poor accuracy with these hps means nothing to me, my sgl is 4-5 moa with silver bear 123 fmjs, but a solid 2 moa with the 123 hps...so only time and testing will tell

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom