• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    This is my first gun from Century and it is a beauty. 1952 Polish Tok. Numbers match and the gun looks brand new. There is virtually no holster wear, no nicks, no scratches. It came with a leather lanyard, holster and cleaning rod and an extra mag. The holster is pretty tough and dry, but the gun is beautiful. Despite the longer wait time to ship and the PITA getting my license on file with them, this made it worth the trouble. Will try to snap better pics later when I have time but for now this should do.

Attachments

• Polish Tok.jpg
      Polish Tok.jpg
      90.5 KB · Views: 247

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    From the first pics and description it looks like you did fine.

Based on your post I assume Century actually shipped a C&R handgun to your C&R license address here in O'mally-land? :thumbsup:

The reason I ask is others have posted many times Century will not do that. Never had an issue with Century myself. Proof is in the pudding...:innocent0

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    This is my first gun from Century and it is a beauty. 1952 Polish Tok. Numbers match and the gun looks brand new. There is virtually no holster wear, no nicks, no scratches. It came with a leather lanyard, holster and cleaning rod and an extra mag. The holster is pretty tough and dry, but the gun is beautiful. Despite the longer wait time to ship and the PITA getting my license on file with them, this made it worth the trouble. Will try to snap better pics later when I have time but for now this should do.

Ha, Ha,....:lol2::lol2:

Looks like you took your pic on my old carpet...:D

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    From the first pics and description it looks like you did fine.

Based on your post I assume Century actually shipped a C&R handgun to your C&R license address here in O'mally-land? :thumbsup:

The reason I ask is others have posted many times Century will not do that. Never had an issue with Century myself. Proof is in the pudding...:innocent0

Correct. They shipped it to me Fed Ex to my MD residence from their VT warehouse. I missed their first try because I was stupidly sitting at my kitchen table waiting while they waved the box at the front door and then ran away. So I had them hold it at the fed ex store down the street and picked it up on my way home from work.

I did call them a week after I ordered confirmed my MD address and asked the status of the order and they said it was good to go, no problems.

Maybe they changed their policy, or I just got a competent person on the phone?

dre271

Dre
    Oct 9, 2011
    Howard County
    My Polish Tokarev that I got from Century a couple weeks ago looks amazing as well. They are rated as Excellent condition for only $250!

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Here's mine. There are some light scratches on the slide right under the extractor but it's pretty much new externally, otherwise. My pistol is the classic example of this:
    You can douse your gun in as much oil as you want, but if you don't CLEAN it after firing corrosive ammo, THEN oil it, it will still rust.

The barrel had some rust in it, the firing pin, firing pin spring and channel also had some rust. I got it all cleaned up and it's going to be fine. There's some light pitting (very light) in an otherwise bright and shiny bore. I chucked the firing pin in a drill and took steel wool to it and took off the rust, then oiled her up real good. No big deal. I wish it wasn't there, but I wasn't about to go through the pain of a return with Century. This one is still nicer than the one from SOG.

8a9bcab7-2db3-4817-bced-ba529f8aeecc_zpse48f6e86.jpg

The rear sights were sticking out of the box when I got it. Derp.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Where are the import marks? I thought Century was one of the companies that took up a good piece of the slide with a giant import mark. Hate it when they do that

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

By the looks of that picture, it looks like Century really "stepped" up and did the right thing.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    The PolToks are among my favorites, and I have a couple, but if someone's on a bit of a budget, the RomToks are also excellent ... and SOG has them for about $210 each. They are listed as VG-EX condition, and SOG is usually accurate in their grading.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I also bought one of the Yugos from AIM for $160. It wasnt as nice as the Century Pol, but still very nice and the import mark was very small on the left side. A 1-liner from someplace in West Va, havent seen that before.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Lower gun in both pics is the Polish Tok from Century. The upper gun in both is a $169.95 Yugo Tok from AIM. The AIM gun came with one mag, nothing else.

Notice how big the Century billboard import mark is vs the cant even see it on the Yugo. Its done on the frame just below the slide. very small. Wish they ALL did it like that.

thats a piece of a twig on the polish gun. didnt see it when I took the pic.

Attachments

• P&YToks.jpg
      P&YToks.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 112
    • P&YToks2.jpg
      P&YToks2.jpg
      85 KB · Views: 113

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Gibbs rifle company in WV imported the AIM Yugo's and I agree, wish they ALL did a one liner in such a small font!!!!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom