Votes: 11 25.0%

• Total voters

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    i'll try march 4th....this 26th I'm off but I have no way there :/

YES YOU DO! Right here :) I plan on heading out early. If I have written testimony ready to go, I'll be dropping by to deposit that first. Then try to meet with Senator Stone. Then Chilis! Then testimony.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I will be there, as long as I don't get any job interviews lined up. Being in the land of the "laid off" sucks, but I have to land on the side of landing a job (search for which begins in earnest this week).

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Bump. 20 going on 2/26, 19 on 3/4 per the poll as it stands right now.

*** The way it’s supposed to work: 1. Read 2. Consider 3. Vote The way it does work: 1. Vote 2. Lie 3. Scramble ***

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    This is kinda weak so far folks. We had 3000 people last year, and those who foisted these stupid laws upon us predicted we would all melt away. People here are proving them right. For goodness sakes, there are two bills in the house that could potentially give us CC, and with the recent CA case and Illinois, of all places, going shall issue, we should have THOUSANDS there clamoring for restoration of our rights. Ridiculous!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This is kinda weak so far folks. We had 3000 people last year, and those who foisted these stupid laws upon us predicted we would all melt away. People here are proving them right. For goodness sakes, there are two bills in the house that could potentially give us CC, and with the recent CA case and Illinois, of all places, going shall issue, we should have THOUSANDS there clamoring for restoration of our rights. Ridiculous!

3000 people because of constant news coverage, NRA mailing campaigns, and MSI e-mail blasts. Also, there are still far toooooo many folks that think that their voice doesn't make a difference. These testimony days are crucial.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member

Looks like they were right and they won.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Looks like they were right and they won.

Great. So in the last year we've had concealed carry come to Illinois and now California, but I am going to be one of about 20 people there on March 4th testifying about why we need concealed carry here in MD???? Progress can't be made? Are we so defeatist? We deserve what we get when people don't show up until its too late.

People on here love to spout out quotes by our founding fathers, not to mention the "cold dead hands" lines, yet when they have the opportunity to go and speak their minds, they say they have no way to get to Annapolis, or can't secure child care, or can't afford to miss a day of work! F*ck, I am burning up my last personal day to do this. If my kids are sick again between now and July 1 (very likely) and I have to stay home with them, it comes out of my pay. So what?! Would George Washington or Patrick Henry have made such lame excuses? Put your $ where your mouth is, people, and fight with words now so we don't have to fight with bullets later, as so many here claim to be willing to do.

You have no right to complain about what happens if you didn't stand up to be heard.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I certainly will have nothing bad to say about those that can't go because they have to work so they can continue to pay the bills and eat so they can fight this fight another day. I personally think too much emphasis was placed on 2A Tuesday. I would love to have gone but could not. I WILL be going this Wed. and on the 4th. Everyone has to do what is right for their particular situation and that can change daily and sometimes hourly.

So if you can go, GREAT. If you can't then at least email write, phone your delegates and let them know how you feel.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I certainly will have nothing bad to say about those that can't go because they have to work so they can continue to pay the bills and eat so they can fight this fight another day. I personally think too much emphasis was placed on 2A Tuesday. I would love to have gone but could not. I WILL be going this Wed. and on the 4th. Everyone has to do what is right for their particular situation and that can change daily and sometimes hourly.

So if you can go, GREAT. If you can't then at least email write, phone your delegates and let them know how you feel.

Letters, phone calls, and emails count toward being heard, but I don't think they carry the same weight as hundreds or thousands of people standing up to testify. If 3000+ could get a day off last year, why can't 1000, or 500, or 100 this year? I see pro-life and pro-choice people out all the time. I gotta figure most of them have jobs, no?

I apologize if I am too crass. I just don't get the lackadasical attitudes from gun owners who only appear at the last possible instant. I am just trying to motivate people to go, not because I will feel lonely there, but because if the legislators see thousands there--taking time off and making other sacrifices to be there--wanting something, they might actually listen just a little bit.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Letters, phone calls, and emails count toward being heard, but I don't think they carry the same weight as hundreds or thousands of people standing up to testify. If 3000+ could get a day off last year, why can't 1000, or 500, or 100 this year? I see pro-life and pro-choice people out all the time. I gotta figure most of them have jobs, no?

I apologize if I am too crass. I just don't get the lackadasical attitudes from gun owners who only appear at the last possible instant. I am just trying to motivate people to go, not because I will feel lonely there, but because if the legislators see thousands there--taking time off and making other sacrifices to be there--wanting something, they might actually listen just a little bit.

I agree with what you are trying to do 100%. Believe me, last year and this I have tried to be a cheerleader to try and spur people on to going. I think some have gotten battered gun owners syndrome. There are many that think that because SB281 was implemented last year that our presence there did no good. The problem is that they didn't SEE what SB281 started out like and if not for our voices would have been MUCH worse than it is now. It's bad now, but in it's original form it was WAAAAY worse. We forced them to change major sections of the bill. I, like you, would LOVE to see a few thousand down there again this year. If for no other reason than to see Frosh's face again.

Good luck tomorrow. I will be there with as many as show up. Maybe we will run into each other. :)

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I agree with what you are trying to do 100%. Believe me, last year and this I have tried to be a cheerleader to try and spur people on to going. I think some have gotten battered gun owners syndrome. There are many that think that because SB281 was implemented last year that our presence there did no good. The problem is that they didn't SEE what SB281 started out like and if not for our voices would have been MUCH worse than it is now. It's bad now, but in it's original form it was WAAAAY worse. We forced them to change major sections of the bill. I, like you, would LOVE to see a few thousand down there again this year. If for no other reason than to see Frosh's face again.

Good luck tomorrow. I will be there with as many as show up. Maybe we will run into each other. :)

I will only be there on the 4th. Last year I went down on the Senate day and, like so many otherd, didn't get to say much besides my name and "against". The House had their day a week or so later and let everyone speak, so I figured I would try my hand there. Plus, at the time I picked my day off, HB 36 and 521 were only filed in the House and hadn't yet been crossfiled....not sure if that has changed yet.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I would really like to testify on 3/4 and I have been doing a lot of research so I can show nothing but facts during my 3 minutes.

I am STILL dealing with bulging discs and pinched nerves in my back. I can walk short distances now, but standing gets very painful very quick. I don't think I could get through three minutes of standing without grimacing in pain. I am thinking it might be best for me to turn over my written testimony to someone else to present. Will I have a chance to sit while waiting for my testimony or will it be standing in a hallway or lobby?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I would really like to testify on 3/4 and I have been doing a lot of research so I can show nothing but facts during my 3 minutes.

I am STILL dealing with bulging discs and pinched nerves in my back. I can walk short distances now, but standing gets very painful very quick. I don't think I could get through three minutes of standing without grimacing in pain. I am thinking it might be best for me to turn over my written testimony to someone else to present. Will I have a chance to sit while waiting for my testimony or will it be standing in a hallway or lobby?

In the house, you sit for testimony, there's a seating area in the Committee room. We can accommodate you I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom