• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • on_the_rox

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2009
    Whiteford, MD
    While looking at the gun bashing in the comments of the Baltimore Sun opinion articles I felt the urgent need to respond to one of the people (Harrybsun) that seem to have nothing to do but attack "assault weapons". I really believe that the focus in this incident needs to be on the mentally ill individual. I know you all agree but wanted to share my points. I am hoping they are of value when debating this issue. Here is my reply to Harrrybsun.

@ Harry. You say that a nutjob is not very dangerous and you are going to also focus on the tools that allow that person to kill more people than he would have otherwise.

Am I to be led to believe that if Adam Lanza "aka. the nutjob here" could not get his hands on an AR-15 but instead used the 10mm Glock and the 9mm Sig Sauer that he also stole from his mother that he would not be able to as effectively kill 20 childern and 6 adults?

I think in this case the focus must be on the nutjob if actually reduding voolnece is the true goal. Obviously things could have been even worse had he contnued his assault on the remaining potential victims instead of taking his own life. I do not see where the two handguns he had would have been any less deadly in this scenario where a nutjob has pretty much taken over a school. Actually one handgun could have produced just as much carnage on defensless victims.

So, my point is, we can take away whatever weapon, but Adam Lanza still finds another weapon and perpetrates a terrible tragedy. The key in all of this is the nutjob. Without him 26 innocent people live, or 20 or 15 or 100 or how ever many his next obtainable weapon would have killed.

Since we like to focus on the details lets focus on this. Take away the nutjob, get him help, and everyone lives. Take away the AR-15 and I still say you have carnage on a new, unknown level.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Less than 5/1000ths of 1% of guns nationally are used to kill a person in a given year, do the math, the gun is not the problem. Let them argue with that statistic.

In the US, 50% of suicides involve a firearm, which is about 12/100,000 people. In England, only 2.3% of suicides. Sounds like we should ban firearms, right, until one realizes that 12/100,000 people committed suicide in England!!! It's not the firearm, but still liberals are Geniuses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom