• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Question: If you apply with listing employment as a G&S reason, with a letter from your company, do they issue a restricted permit?

I understand the recent ruling, I am applying for one after I complete my training and what not in a few weeks. Just in case my employer will provide me with a letter stating I make deposits for the company and travel with money through Maryland, which I do. Also I’m on call 24/7

Last edited:

Burt Hammersmith

Dumpster Fire
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 20, 2015
    Good deal. What all do they require an employer to provide for an employee? I see a letter from the company, anything else?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    1656680867907.png

All of us need to call at least 3x a day and blow up all AG social media until he stops delaying our rights.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    View attachment 371149

All of us need to call at least 3x a day and blow up all AG social media until he stops delaying our rights.
    A secretary in his office picked up. I explained that I have applied for a w&c permit. I said a representative from the state police said that they are waiting on guidance from the AG office to begin processing w&c permits without g&s. I explained that Bruen declared may issue to be unconstitutional and that a right delayed is a right denied and grounds for a lawsuit against the state. I asked for a timeline for when the AG office would remove g&s from the licensing process.

She forwarded me to his executive assistant. It went to voice-mail at which point I repeated the above on the voice-mail. I encourage you all to do the same, multiple times a day, until this is resolved.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Good deal. What all do they require an employer to provide for an employee? I see a letter from the company, anything else?
    Pretty sure it's for business owners, not employees.

I think an employee world get a restricted permit if the employer desired them to carry on the business premises.

Of course all this is moot now, just get an unrestricted permit for self defense and leave your employer out of it.

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    Article 5, Section 1 of the Maryland Constitution. Also see:
    https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2021/state-government/title-6/subtitle-1/section-6-106/

Note that under 6-106(b) and (c)(1)(i) no officer of the Maryland
    Article 5, Section 1 of the Maryland Constitution. Also see:
    https://law.justia.com/codes/maryland/2021/state-government/title-6/subtitle-1/section-6-106/

Note that under 6-106(b) and (c)(1)(i) no officer of the Maryland Government can use another counsel without the AG's permission.

Government can use another counsel without the AG's permission.
    The cited authorities do not support the proposition that the Governor is required either to solicit or to follow the advice of the Attorney General, including but not limited to any purported interpretation by the AG of the US Constitution.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Also I just want to say, that anyone who's reading any of these threads about the carry permit but who is not a member of MSI or SAF, I will personally reach through the Internet and slap the permit out of your hand. Because I am Neo and I can do that.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Also I just want to say, that anyone who's reading any of these threads about the carry permit but who is not a member of MSI or SAF, I will personally reach through the Internet and slap the permit out of your hand. Because I am Neo and I can do that.
    MSRPA exists, also, and was a contributing party of the Amici referenced twice by Justice Alito in his concurrence in NYSRPA (Brief for Law Enforcement Groups et al).

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    MSRPA exists, also, and was a contributing party of the Amici referenced twice by Justice Alito in his concurrence in NYSRPA (Brief for Law Enforcement Groups et al).
    My bad I Did not intend that to be all inclusive. I am driving. People should belong to the groups opening the doors. Some of the trainers who are benefiting do not belong, which makes me want to reach through the Internet with about 4 billion volts

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    My bad I Did not intend that to be all inclusive. I am driving. People should belong to the groups opening the doors. Some of the trainers who are benefiting do not belong, which makes me want to reach through the Internet with about 4 billion volts
    Not intended as a slight, just providing another avenue

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Pretty sure it's for business owners, not employees.

I think an employee world get a restricted permit if the employer desired them to carry on the business premises.

Of course all this is moot now, just get an unrestricted permit for self defense and leave your employer out of it.
    No, no carry permit. Last I remember, they'd have to be a supervisory employee of the business and at that point they can carry on the business premises with permission of their employer. It is obey normal transport law at that point. So they have to take their handgun straight home after work.

The relevant section of criminal code 4-203 is
    (7) the wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun by a supervisory employee:
    (i) in the course of employment;
    (ii) within the confines of the business establishment in which the supervisory employee is employed; and
    (iii) when so authorized by the owner or manager of the business establishment; or

My understanding is that the supervisory part is basically overlooked. Not that I see it many places and maybe they all have carry licenses, but the only time I've seen employees of any business carrying (well, of course it was open carrying) are some local gun stores, pawnshops, and jewelry stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom