• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I've been looking around for something smaller than my current gx4 EDC to carry around after October. So far, the trade-off of fewer rounds of a smaller caliber does not seem in proportion to the decrease in size. I'm curious as to opinions on possible choices. I've looked at things like a bodyguard 380 and Glock 42 but my above thoughts apply to those and others I have viewed.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Though I’m not sure why October 1 in and of itself would make you choose a different piece, let’s go with; you want smaller.

Check out the LCP Max. With stout .380 rounds and a spare mag on you, that’s a lot in a nearly invisible package.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I've been looking around for something smaller than my current gx4 EDC to carry around after October. So far, the trade-off of fewer rounds of a smaller caliber does not seem in proportion to the decrease in size. I'm curious as to opinions on possible choices. I've looked at things like a bodyguard 380 and Glock 42 but my above thoughts apply to those and others I have viewed.
    Glock 43? The 42 isn't that much smaller.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    And the 43 is the same size as the gx4
    43 is actually a little bigger my bad. Both the 42/43 are longer than a GX4 but a little thinner and shorter height wise. You're pretty much as small as you can go unless you want a .22. The Beretta 21A is super small.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    But back on topic :

The smallest of the Micro Nines are already the sweet spot of as small and light as it can get for reasonably powerful .

If you can't manage to dress around one of those , you'd have to drop to a Micro .32 to get meaningfully smaller.

The other answer is Blackjack and Switchblade .

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Stick with your current gun, but add a sweatshirt or unbuttoned button-up. It doesn't take much to make a gun go away with a good holster. Heres my g43xmos in a bravo concealment torsion holster.
    Screenshot_20230419_095910_Gallery.jpg

1668993831723.jpg

Last edited:

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    A derringer stuck in a garter?

Beretta has a rebate going for their Bobcat and Tomcat. I may or may not have an Inox Bobcat in jail right now. Mostly because I always thought they were cool but also potential carry for certain situations.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Until last night, I thought the xl was just longer, but it's also taller, wider, etc. The standard 365 is smaller than my gx4, but not enough to justify the purchase.
    Not wider at all. Slides are same dimensionally except for length. You can drop an XL slide onto a standard grip frame, and a standard slide onto an XL frame. I have one FCU and multiple grip frames (recommend the Wilson Combat) and one standard and XL barreled slide combo. Easy to interchange all.

With that said, also a LCP Max fan, it works for situations that total concealment is desired, pocket carry (holstered of course), or even ankle carry if you do desire (doesn’t show at all this way with heavy fabric like jeans).

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It matters HOW you carry. My P365 has more rounds in the same size as a Kahr PM9 I carried in the past, same footprint and round count, but much thinner than a GLOCK 27 I carried previously too, nothing is significantly smaller in 9mm than what I have. I ended up with a Kahr CW380, about the smallest shootable 380 on the market, can be ammo sensitive, took a few hundred rounds to break-in and run 100%, but it's awesome, .75" thick and 5" long, 4" tall and 10oz unloaded. It's a great pocket pistol, and light/thin enough to carry AIWB in a ulticlip holster with sweatpants or basketball shorts, anything larger weighs too much to carry that way.

Old-School Mark

My pronouns: Me, Myself and I.
    Jan 23, 2023
    Silver Spring
    I have a G42. It’s light and not uncomfortable to carry. It’s never been “field tested”, but it does pretty well putting holes in targets. I think it’s slightly longer than the p365 but slightly more narrow. It also doesn’t have the stippling so there may be issues if I tried to do a quick-draw with cold hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom