• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Bass Pro offers ship to store for powder and primers. I just got a couple thousand primers a month ago.

John
    Darn. Just check. The have bupkis in what I need. Well, not really “need” but I like having 5,000 of each on hand.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I blame the new site software. I find myself on the first page of threads all the time, unable to figure out if there are new posts or not now..

Jon_C

Feb 25, 2022
    Hi everyone - I know this is the 'powder available' thread (moderators, please delete this if not appropriate!), but I wonder if anyone knows where I could get 1lb of N135? Feel free to message me direct?

Thanks!

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    MidSouth has quite a bit of powder, not sure when it became available as I've been off-line for a bit.

I picked up some RamShot Magnum to try in my 338 Lapua

I'm just getting into reloading. Is $32 an ok price per pound for powder?

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm just getting into reloading. Is $32 an ok price per pound for powder?
    Depends on the powder. Many were ~$16/# pre-crazy (or less.) But since ammo is still running ~2x 'normal' and primers are 5x normal, that isn't terrible for powder.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Pre-Pandemic prices were about $22-26 so I would say $32 is in line with most other inflation factors.

Thanks and am I calculating correctly that 1 lb is 7000 grains. So if I need 8 grains per bullet I can get @ 875 bullets per lb? Making this @ 4 cents/round?

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Pistol reloading is really cheap. Brass lasts forever, and free brass often abounds.

I discovered 450 45LC brass in my ammo closet last week cleaning it out. I thought they were full boxes but opened them up when I realized how light they were. My BIL is going to give me his Lee single reloader. Figured this is a good bullet to start reloading on since it's $1+/round. I found bullets for 10cpr - now just need primers.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I discovered 450 45LC brass in my ammo closet last week cleaning it out. I thought they were full boxes but opened them up when I realized how light they were. My BIL is going to give me his Lee single reloader. Figured this is a good bullet to start reloading on since it's $1+/round. I found bullets for 10cpr - now just need primers.
    Nothing at all wrong with a single stage press. You’ll quickly understand the process. I warn you, it’s a rabbit hole. Buy once, cry one. Buy bigger than you think you need. You’ll grow into tumblers etc. You’ll be here soon:

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Nothing at all wrong with a single stage press. You’ll quickly understand the process. I warn you, it’s a rabbit hole. Buy once, cry one. Buy bigger than you think you need. You’ll grow into tumblers etc. You’ll be here soon:

Yeah like all my expensive hobbies! My BIL has a huge Dillon press all automated - load it up with everything and go. I am getting his old press.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Anyone know where I can get large pistol primers? I found a few sites that I don't trust the English is so bad.

• Regardless of whether you own a major or little gun, primers are an absolute necessity. Reloading gun s is about accuracy and that is the thing that primers are for!
    • Its fundamental capacity is to touch off the charge powder inside the gun’s cartridge. Without primers, the slugs will be stuck in the barrel.
    • The primers has touchy parts inside the metal cap yet just a bit. When the shooting pin of the little gun hits the preliminary cap, the preparing synthetic is squashed inside the metal iron block and cap. Accordingly, the primers communicates hot gas into the glimmer opening and cartridge case. This makes the temperatures and pressing factor inside it increment, which then, at that point touches off the force powder.
    • These priming parts are normally barium nitrate, antimony sulfide, and lead styphnate. These synthetic substances cooperate to deliver warmth and gas.
    • Despite brands, all primers will unquestionably upgrade your shooting and reloading experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom