Prices of certain middle of the road .22 Target Rifles...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    ... have just gone nuts! My first middle of the road target rifle was a Remington 513T Matchmaster with Lyman sights. I think I spent $175 for it in the early 1990's. I sold it for some reason or another but acquired another one for ~$225 around 10-12 years ago. At the time, it came down to either that or a M75 Winchester for a few dollars more. The point... for $200-400 one used to be able to get a .22 that was not too bad for target work. Remington 513's; 521's; 541's (a bit more); 540x; Winchester 69A or M75's were all to be had at fairly reasonable prices... fast forward 20 years... I just saw a Winchester 75 with a Lyman target scope at a shop the other day for $1100! Are these collector status now? Gosh, have I gotten that old?!!

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    The CZs and the 10/22T are still available at relatively stable prices. Everything has gone up a bit over the last 10 years, but have you priced Remington 513T's lately? I think the least expensive one I've run across is still at $400 without sights or a magazine. Win M75's have tripled in price. They're good rifles, but for the money, the CZ's do at least as good (if not better in some cases) accuracy-wise. That's why I'm thinking there's something of a collector market.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I think the Ruger 10/22 is the way to go to build a great 22 target rifle.

There's so much stuff out there for them. I always thought about putting a 10/22 rig together, but I really dont fire too much rimfire, like I used to to warrant it.

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    dont forget that the Lyman target scope if it is a Super Target Spot is a $500 to $700 scope now.
    Some of the sights are pretty big money too.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I think the Ruger 10/22 is the way to go to build a great 22 target rifle.

There's so much stuff out there for them. I always thought about putting a 10/22 rig together, but I really dont fire too much rimfire, like I used to to warrant it.

Depends upon what type of Target shooting you want to do.

NRA, cmp, or USA shooting official matches require single loading. Real pain to do with a 10-22. I've seen people try to do it in a match. If they come back the following month they have a new rifle.

The savage mkii is a decent little rifle for the price.

You really want sticker shock look at the prices of anschutz target rifles.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    for the money people put into 10/22s to make them an accurate target rifle they could buy a used Anschutz, or 2 or 3 CZs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom