• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Gabe Suarez was pimping these, too. Makes me a little leery, much like polymer lowers. Probably functions OK.

Cis-Lunar

Jun 27, 2008
    sorry not trying to hijack this thread. Is this the only piece of the AR that basically i can get before October 1 and then build the rest of the rifle with online purchases of the parts later?

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I dont know if this will apply for Magnesium alloy lowers but I know with magnesium alloy wheels, they will develop microfractures and eventually become unsafe to use.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    The Gun Connection has these in Black and will be getting them in FDE next week. I held one today and they are definitely noticeably lighter than aluminum. They feel pretty good. A lot better than a polymer lower.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

livefast1

May 31, 2010
    easton,md
    There's always someone with a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Billet 7075 is already very light and durable.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Having had experience with magnesium alloy wheels (that is where the term "mags" originally came from) I can say that are about the lightest thing you can get and very strong. When you are using wheels for racing they should be magneflux tested every year whether they are magnesium or aluminum. I have seen Forgeline aluminum wheels start getting cracks in the hub from a single season of use. Nothing you do to an AR lower will come close to the stress of either motorcycle or automobile racing use so I doubt this would be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom