Millers Maryland
    20221120_130026.jpg

Just received it. Glass is nice.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I bought one of these recently (in black). It looks REALLY nice. Used it on the AR57 upper for now. The reviews on line are mostly glowing. Its often described as a 'mini ACOG'. Now, no one thinks its likely as tough as a real ACOG but its a fraction of the price too. I'll probably end up with more of them.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I would like to see what these weigh - going to check the specs. I have a Vortex Sptifire prsim optic but it's kind of heavy.
    Yeah, largely why I've been so interested. Claims very light. Seems nice and small. The couple pre-release reviews I read sounded very positive. Without the riser, it seems like the sort of thing I'd love on something like a lever gun for hunting. I mostly run a 3-9x40 at 3x in the deer woods anyway. I dial up the magnification occasionally. I've only one time done that when shooting a deer (and I turned it up to about 5x. I didn't NEED to. But it was nice).

Something like that prism in 2x if it had a generous eye box would be really nice on my 16" AR-15. I am just not a huge red dot fan. Despite LASIK, I still have a lot of point light source starburst going on (actually a little worse than pre-LASIK when all I had was horrible vision and mild astigmatism). It is okay if the light level of the optic is well balanced against the situation. But I find I need to adjust it a lot to get the sweet spot as light levels change. And not just "it is night" versus "it is day". Most it is either "the dot is too dim" or "the dot is too bright". With sometimes 1 setting that is just right.

It is usable if too bright, but it is annoying and my accuracy at range for sure suffers. An etched reticle, ideally with illumination, would be ideal (I have no issues with illuminated etched reticles). LPVOs are too big and heavy for what I want.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Interesting - specs say that it has a slightly better field of view than the ACOG, although it's 3x rather than 4x, but it also beats the Primary Arms Prism 3x Gen III, which is one that I have. That only has a field of view of 31.5' vs the 38' of the new version. Looks interesting.

I bought the Primar Arms 3x because of a torture test review I read here - I wonder if the new one is close to being that durable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom