• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I don't know who can relate to this. I was moving and my box of primers got dropped. It looked like only 1 tray busted open. I have about 100 primers i found. Problem was I had multiple primers in the box. So I measured them and all but two fit in the large rifle primer dimensions, which is the box that popped open. I have measured 0.2105 to 0.2110 diameter and 0.1275 to 0.1315 height for most of them. I have 2 that are 0.1230 and 0.1260 height which could make them large pistol primers. These two i won't use.

What do you think about the rest? Safe to use as large rifle primers?

I have since bought the home depot small parts containers to store my primers in. I bought them before CV19 started and just now got to inspecting the primers.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    First rule of reloading...

If in doubt, throw it out.

+1

A blown out primer, possible bolt damage, destroyed firing pin, and not to mention a low probability chance of personal injury just ain’t worth the $3-4 that you are throwing away. You already spent more than that worth of your time picking them all up, measuring them, and writing this post.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Or put them in a drawer with test driven tourniquets and other expired first aid supplies, just in case you might need them later (:sarcasm: from another thread:innocent0)

The only thing I might use them for is blanks...but it's probably safest to throw them out now, so you don't forget what the deal is with them when you stumble across them later. Maybe soak them in water or something to kill them for the garbage man's sake? :shrug:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you want to play with them, use them to see what actually deactivates primers.

Or give them to me, and I will check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom