• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Does anyone have any experience buying primers on gunbroker? I can’t seem to find primers anywhere and was curious. Their prices seem very very high but if no other
    Stores actually have any, is it worth it to suck it up and buy a thousand or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    targetsportsusa.com generally has primers in stock but at a serious cost, though shipping is 'free.' i'd say way less 'iffy' then some on gunbroker.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Many GB primer sellers don't have proper Hazmat shipping creds and ship them illegally. Maybe not a problem unless the shipment is lost and you need to get the shipper involved.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I haven't had to go there. . .yet.

Right now I see CCI small rifle and small rifle magnum on Ammoseek for $80/k (plus shipping and hazmat.)

Reloading Unlimited has Magtech small pistol for $105/k. Reloading Everything has other sizes/choices at "Gunbrokerish" prices.

Other than checking Ammoseek daily I've also signed up for "alerts" from the usual suspects (Midway, Natchez, Brownells, Grafs, Midsouth) in the past. With a little patience I was able to pick up at least a few k at a time to spread the shipping/hazmat pain out.

But like you say, you gotta do what you gotta do.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    discord is the way to go , you just have to be ready when you get the alert . brownells had 450's for 80 per last week , 5K limit . 5K was 475 to my door .

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thanks guys. I will def set up alerts and use gunbroker as a last resort. I can wait a little as I am still looking for powder as well, lol.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Does anyone have any experience buying primers on gunbroker? I can’t seem to find primers anywhere and was curious. Their prices seem very very high but if no other
    Stores actually have any, is it worth it to suck it up and buy a thousand or so.

Shipping is expensive!!!

Back in October I bought primers online for $37/K, they were $51/K delivered. Same place now is ~$80/K delivered.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    What powder and primers are you looking for?

I believe I need H4895 for my Garand and other 30-06 rifles. I also need large rifle primers for the same. I have some small rifle primers so I think I’m ok there. I do also have some older large magnum rifle primers I can’t use. I am still researching what others powders I need but I plan to load the following: 223, 6.5 Jap, 7mm mauser, 8mm mauser, 7.5 Swiss, 30-06, and 7.62x54r. I’m sure I’ll do pistols (9mm) at some point but no rush.

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    What brand LR Mag primers you got? I'm looking for about 200.

OBTW .......check the High Road daily for primers and powder.

Where are Reloading Components Available. (Not a Discussion Thread, Link Required) | Page 11 | The High Road
    https://www.thehighroad.org/index.p...ad-link-required.883031/page-11#post-12241999

What brand LR Mag primers you got? I'm looking for about 200.

OBTW .......check the High Road daily for primers and powder.

Where are Reloading Components Available. (Not a Discussion Thread, Link Required) | Page 11 | The High Road
    https://www.thehighroad.org/index.p...ad-link-required.883031/page-11#post-12241999

They are federal. I believe there are about 240. See the pic. These are older stock I inherited. I have no used them but my uncle was.
    46204a455d7b828f37256e972236efd6.jpg

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    Gunbroker is the last place I'd buy primers. It's really not a good time to buy to stock up, but if you need them, join the in-stock notification reload discord https://discord.gg/reloading as that was my primary source of primers from 2019 when they used to drop cases of primers all at once for .05 cpr, but the new normal seems to be .08-.12 cpr. They also link powder frequently.

I'd also check out shootingbot and sign up for txt/email notifications. It sometimes works faster than the discord notification, but it's another layer of notification.

Next is LGS' and bass pro. Been seeing primers pop up occasionally at bass pro on the weekdays. I was at tyler firearms yesterday and they had a brick of lrp for 100 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom