• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    This AM I performed a search on Large Pistol Primers. Bullseye North has them on sale $5.94 per 100. At that time their stock was high (currently at 37) so I selected 20. Went through check-out, entered my billing address and OH-SHIT moment, they only sell north of the border.

Are we in the USA the only ones having primer and ammo issues?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This AM I performed a search on Large Pistol Primers. Bullseye North has them on sale $5.94 per 100. At that time their stock was high (currently at 37) so I selected 20. Went through check-out, entered my billing address and OH-SHIT moment, they only sell north of the border.

Are we in the USA the only ones having primer and ammo issues?

No, but it is uniquely difficult here.

Most other countries you cannot just run out and buy a gun. Which means a lot of the pandemic and economic reasons for people to run out and buy guns in other countries were tempered by multi month waits to even get licensed.

In the US the shortages are as much existing gun owners as it was roughly 7 million first time gun buyers likely buying on average probably at least 2 boxes of ammo and likely more. Thanks 700 million plus rounds. That’s like a 10-15% increase in demand all on its own. And I’d bet plenty of first time gun buyers (when they could) were buying 3, 4, 5 boxes of ammo. Maybe more. On top of tons of existing gun owners trying to buy ammo.

Not as much civil unrest in a lot of other countries too.

So lots of complex reasons. Oh to add many countries limit what ammunition you can own, how much of it you can buy or own. Some countries it is not legal to reload ammunition (as an individual). Many countries that license you to own firearms you need to have a reason to own one and “self defense” isn’t considered a valid reason in a lot of those (most do allow that as a reason).

Butttt, Ammo and firearms demand did go up in all countries I am aware of. Just that artificial constraints tempered increased demand significantly.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Found that site last month , then read that they can’t ship them out of Canada. Was gonna get 5,000 SRP and 5,000 SPP. Broke my heart too. Lol

Guns without bullets are just expensive hammers

Speedluvn

Dec 23, 2019
    Baltimore County
    I actually thought about a road trip to Canada a few months ago but decided against it due to the custom issue that might be involved on the return trip back across the border.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I actually thought about a road trip to Canada a few months ago but decided against it due to the custom issue that might be involved on the return trip back across the border.

You’d almost certainly need an export license. Any firearms parts valued at more than I think it is $100 or $150 require it. There are some companies that specialize in doing it.

You an bring firearms (if legal) back and forth for things such as hunting, but it would be no different than purchasing it and having it shipped if you were going specifically to buy it there (or vice versa of a Canadian was coming to the US to purchase something firearm related and take it home).

Jd2020

Nov 20, 2020
    Queen Anne’s Co
    See if you can call one of the media or Hollywood elites who said they were moving to Canada if Bush or Trump were elected. Barbara Streisand or Bryan Cranston etc might be willing to put some primers in their pilots luggage if they visit deplorableville.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was looking for some CCI Suppressor .22

Found a number of places with stock. But in Australia, New Zealand, and UK. NOT the US.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have come across this also in searches for primers ,can only buy in Canada ,will not ship to US

Most of the websites say this also. Canada supplier and New Zealand suppliers all have them in stock.

I am pretty sure customs would flag and yank the hazardous shipment. That is probably why they will not ship to the US.

Hlou650

Oct 10, 2016
    Redding’s Hardware Store, Gettysburg PA

Just an FYI about large pistol primers availability. Up in Gettysburg PA there were Federal LP magnum primers and Federal LP match primers available. I was there this past Saturday and they had about 15 boxes of each type available for sale.

Redding’s Hardware

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom