Prints within 72 hours of application only?!?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I just attempted to get my prints done at a well known facility in Frederick and was informed that my application will be rejected if the prints are any longer than 72 hours of completing training and/or applying.

My goal was to get everything together so I could apply immediately after completing my 16 hours of training at the end of this month.

Is it true? Is the limit 72 hours?

Hell mail doesn’t even transit that fast…

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Wrong info.

30 days, and even that may have been extended (thought I saw that someplace but no time to run it down).

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I thought they had extended it longer than 30 days..

From "my understanding" you get printed.. they sent those prints to MSP.. MSP may take longer to look at that sent information/prints. Pcn number is the filing number. How they track who's prints belong to who.

I did my prints at local sheriffs office.. my check didn't clear after a month and a half.. even though the lady told me it was "good for only 30 days"

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    One year

Submitting the Application
    Applications for Wear and Carry Permits can only be submitted online via the Maryland State Police Licensing Portal. Applications can be started at any time but may be submitted only after all requirements are fulfilled and the application is complete. All applicants must have a valid email address, as the State Police do not accept paper applications. Here are the steps:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Welp, for those needing prints, you may wish to avoid this location.
    If they sent the information to the right routing number...MSP will have the prints.. I would just ignore what they told you .. time wise.

ETA

As long they gave you a receipt (you can scan and attached to the application) with pcn number and the company info, who did your prints etc.

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    I was told the same thing by someone in my class that did his prints during our lunch break on the second day. He had his done at the Frederick MVA. I too went to the Frederick MVA and asked the guy doing the prints about the 72 hour stipulation. He said yes. I had 72 hours from when the prints are done to get my application in. Or I'd have to come back and have the prints redone.

From the responses in this thread, it appears that's false. But doesn't matter to me as it did light a fire under my a$$ to get everything submitted which I did the same day I had the prints done.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I remember 72 hours being mentioned somewhere on MSP portal. I believe it was a suggestion and not requirement. I think it was in the event the provider purged prints. This may have caused confusion for some. I’ll try to find it if I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    When they started giving me conflicting information, I decided to not proceed with the transaction.

This is the second time I have had a bad experience at HTC.

I will not be back…

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    To reiterate in this thread, in hopes of alleviating future confusion:

originally, it was indeed 72 hours for the prints
    then, it was extended to 30 days
    most recently, it was extended again; prints are now good for 1 year

It would seem that some print providers are still operating under the old information.

PS had I read the whole thread more carefully I would have seen that eruby already fixed the times

zx10guy

Alpha Geek
    Sep 29, 2022
    Maryland
    How could it be 72 hours when the US mail doesn’t even transit that fast?
    I don't know where you're getting the USPS part. From what I've heard and what people are saying, the 72 hours used to apply on the time you had to get your app in AFTER you had completed your fingerprints.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How could it be 72 hours when the US mail doesn’t even transit that fast?
    You can't submit either your fingerprints or your application by mail it must be done electronically. One more infringement on poor people who want to own and/or carry a handgun for self defense (you need access to a computer, a credit card, pay for fingerprints, pay a fee, access to a gun range, and get training)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Sgt Pickle said it’s now a year. As usual MSP did their normal shitty job of communicating this to the public and to the live scan vendors

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    You can't submit either your fingerprints or your application by mail it must be done electronically.

Did not know that.

So what’s with the specific 2x2” guidance for 2 head shot pictures then? Clearly 2x2” doesn’t matter as much when uploading items.

I don't know where you're getting the USPS part. From what I've heard and what people are saying, the 72 hours used to apply on the time you had to get your app in AFTER you had completed your fingerprints.

Because this talks about sending forms in, which I would likely would use USPS for.

It appears everything is pure web/electronic now…

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Did not know that.

So what’s with the specific 2x2” guidance for 2 head shot pictures then? Clearly 2x2” doesn’t matter as much when uploading items.

Because this talks about sending forms in, which I would likely would use USPS for.

It appears everything is pure web/electronic now…
    There is a section in here on the "passport photos" and how to take them. When you upload you get a chance to tweak them.

Snardo

Nov 25, 2019
    Sgt Pickle said it’s now a year. As usual MSP did their normal shitty job of communicating this to the public and to the live scan vendors

Apparently they haven't even managed to communicate it to the local sheriffs' offices. I got mine done at my local office and the form I had to complete and bring with me to the sheriff's office stated that the prints were only good for 72 hours. Hence I waited until my training was done to even try to schedule printing which led to a 2-3 week delay in getting my app in as they were backed up pretty badly at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom