• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Private Handgun Sales After Oct.1st

How are Private Handgun Sales After Oct.1st going to be handed through MSP? I was just told by my Father in Law that a Gun Shop told him that Private Sales after Oct.1st will remain the same. So instead of purchasing a 38 Special Revolver from me he is going to buy a 380acp from a Gun Shop that's doing 8 day Release. And will buy the 38 Special Revolver from me at a later date.
    Can anyone confirm this is true or not?

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    How are Private Handgun Sales After Oct.1st going to be handed through MSP? I was just told by my Father in Law that a Gun Shop told him that Private Sales after Oct.1st will remain the same. So instead of purchasing a 38 Special Revolver from me he is going to buy a 380acp from a Gun Shop that's doing 8 day Release. And will buy the 38 Special Revolver from me at a later date.
    Can anyone confirm this is true or not?

The way I understand this B.S. law, IF you have a 'regulated' purchase on file BEFORE 10/01/2013, you don't have to take that 'special' HQL after 10/01/2013 for regulated purchases, but, have to run the gauntlet for everything else. (Fingerprinting, etc.)

I THINK this is correct.

I strongly suggest that you persuade your F-I-L to purchase something NOW, before October 1st.

mdram

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2011
    Eastern Shore of Maryland
    The way I understand this B.S. law, IF you have a 'regulated' purchase on file BEFORE 10/01/2013, you don't have to take that 'special' HQL after 10/01/2013 for regulated purchases, but, have to run the gauntlet for everything else. (Fingerprinting, etc.)

I THINK this is correct.

I strongly suggest that you persuade your F-I-L to purchase something NOW, before October 1st.

you still need the HQL, you just don't need the training class

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Thanks for your guys responses. He was told he will still need to apply for the HQL and Fingerprinting. I wonder how long that's going to take with MSP being behind as it is.

KRONIK27

DorseyGS
    Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    Will I need to acquire a HQL if I would want to sell a Handgun to my nephew that lives in WVa. That is transfer being done through a WVa FFL. He turns 21 next year and I've been saving a Pistol in my Collection to sell to him.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The seller / Giftor would NOT need HQL. The buyer/ Giftee would , if they are Md resident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom