• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 19mace92

Aug 2, 2022
    Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
    I've been trying to trim down my firearm collection to only a few common calibers that I actually shoot. I've been selling some rifles to fund other builds. I'm not particularly interested in cutting through all the red tape on sites like Gun Broker (not to mention the risk of scams). Has anyone had luck on local forums and classifieds? What transfer fees can I expect at shops around the Delaware Beaches?

ICW2019

Mar 8, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    I've been trying to trim down my firearm collection to only a few common calibers that I actually shoot. I've been selling some rifles to fund other builds. I'm not particularly interested in cutting through all the red tape on sites like Gun Broker (not to mention the risk of scams). Has anyone had luck on local forums and classifieds? What transfer fees can I expect at shops around the Delaware Beaches?
    Can you still private sale long guns in DE? Remember not to sell without a ffl to MD residents also.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    It has to go thru a ffl unless they buyer has their ccw permit. You have to get a copy/photo of it to keep in your records. Atleast it was last time I sold one

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    It has to go thru a ffl unless they buyer has their ccw permit. You have to get a copy/photo of it to keep in your records. Atleast it was last time I sold one
    Nothing in the law that requires this. I wouldn't give anyone a copy of my carry permit.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Since you are in Rehoboth use First Responder in West Rehoboth or Hopkins Gun Shop in Lewes. I'm fond of Hopkins, great folks, shop located on a farm.
    No longer use that name (was American Responder Services). They are Best Shot. They are opening the range/shop in Lewes. See the other thread I posted on them.

19mace92

Aug 2, 2022
    Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
    No longer use that name (was American Responder Services). They are Best Shot. They are opening the range/shop in Lewes. See the other thread I posted on them.
    I drive past their new building every day. They still claim to be open this summer but construction seems to have been really slow. I'm anxious about the opening.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Not entirely sure about DE. I've heard it both ways and don't feel like doing the digging.

I intend to use an FFL no matter what.

As a member of Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club and talking with Delaware residents there, my understanding of Delaware law requires FFL involvement with the sale of rifles and pistols, but not shotguns. Please verify this before proceeding with any sales.

Good Luck

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    As a member of Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol Club and talking with Delaware residents there, my understanding of Delaware law requires FFL involvement with the sale of rifles and pistols, but not shotguns. Please verify this before proceeding with any sales.

Good Luck
    Any firearms.

The only UBC Exclusions are C&R to a FFL03 holder, firearms manufactured prior to 1899, buyer with DE CCDW, buyer who is/was LEO, and between family members.

wpage

Ultimate Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Southern Delaware
    Any firearms.

The only UBC Exclusions are C&R to a FFL03 holder, firearms manufactured prior to 1899, buyer with DE CCDW, buyer who is/was LEO, and between family members.
    In the ever changing and always challenged world of law and lawyers making a buck. It is stressing to keep up with what is legal anymore. Best to check like a ala cart menu b4 ordering and trading to avoid problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom