• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    My friend(MD Resident) is looking to purchase an AR from a Delaware resident who is stationed here at a base in MD. The way I understand it to transfer from state to state they would have to go to an FFL in DE and have it transfered to FFL in MD. Lots of Fees and shipping!
    My questions are would they have to have it shipped between the FFL's or could the gun owner just take it to the MD FFL ( the gun is here in MD where is currently stationed). Also is there some exception for service members stationed here to transfer just like a MD resident and possibly go to Sate Police?
    Thanks for any insight you can give

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    My friend(MD Resident) is looking to purchase an AR from a Delaware resident who is stationed here at a base in MD. The way I understand it to transfer from state to state they would have to go to an FFL in DE and have it transfered to FFL in MD. Lots of Fees and shipping!
    My questions are would they have to have it shipped between the FFL's or could the gun owner just take it to the MD FFL ( the gun is here in MD where is currently stationed). Also is there some exception for service members stationed here to transfer just like a MD resident and possibly go to Sate Police?
    Thanks for any insight you can give

AFAIK, a MD FFL would transfer it to the MD resident, and the seller could ship or deliver it to that FFL. Just call the MD FFL and confirm.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    The guy from Delaware can take it to a Maryland dealer and do the deal. I had a forum member from Maryland come down here to do a transfer, no need to ship.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    Thanks for the replies. He finally got through to the MSP and they said they will do the transfer. Since the seller is stationed here it's just like he's a MD resident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom