• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Anyone check into any gun shops what they are going to charge for an on the spot transfer?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Complicated stuff written by Old White Guys cannot be considered valid in light of today's deeper understanding and wisdom. Humanity has advanced beyond the comprehension of the Oppressors.

If you fail to comprehend that fact, we will relieve you of your firearms, shoot your dogs, confiscate your belongings and send you to a Camp.

Well, we'll do that after you voluntarily turn in your firearms. Just in case you overlooked a few.

Arbeit Macht Frei.
    Pray for whoever you send.
    This is a beautifully written piece but the reality is, if a defendant attempts to assert that a law he is accused of breaking is unconstitutional, the defendant and his attorney will be laughed out of the courtroom.

The spirit of what you read is not for the individual to assert, but the entirety of the citizenry. Only in that context does the premise of the republic remain strong.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Democrats in the legislature think they have another win, win here, chip away at your freedom and enhance their revenue at the same time. Screw them! I will take mine to an out of state dealer and sell them that way! Lose, lose for them!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Democrats in the legislature think they have another win, win here, chip away at your freedom and enhance their revenue at the same time. Screw them! I will take mine to an out of state dealer and sell them that way! Lose, lose for them!

How is the state benefiting from a transfer fee?
    Do they get a tax?
    Then do you benifit an out of state gun shop and not even one of the IPs?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'm not a lawyer but my interpretation is that you can only sell rifles/ shotguns from friends and people you've known for a long time.
    Does that seem right?

Athelney878

Jan 9, 2021
    Montgomery County

The Attorney General can also declare a federal law unconstitutional and order the Justice Department not to enforce it on those grounds. He has to notify Congress of his decision in a letter required under 28 USC 530D. And the responsible officials (originalist Republicans) in each branch do take their individual oaths to uphold the Constitution seriously, in my experience; they are just outnumbered.

Of course, none of this helps us here.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Just a reminder guys... Stripped lowers were *NOT* covered by the long gun transfer bill as they are simply firearms. In my last reading of the bill I could not find any language regulating the transfer of stripped lowers.

This means AR-9 and AR-10 stripped lowers are fair game still, cash and carry. My logic might even apply to other oddities that are neither rifles or pistols. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Tell us all, what tactic will change the minds of a veto-proof super-majority composed of anti-gun idealogues who vote in lock step?

We all know the only tactic that will work. However we refuse to resort to that tactic due to our law abiding nature and how we cherish life.

The other side would have already been burning down buildings and homes by now.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We all know the only tactic that will work. However we refuse to resort to that tactic due to our law abiding nature and how we cherish life.

We’ve talked about this at length. The implications of such actions are enormous. Power/sanitation/supply chain interruptions. A lot of innocents would die because of these things. It’s not time and anyone who thinks it is can’t think past their foreskin.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Just a reminder guys... Stripped lowers were *NOT* covered by the long gun transfer bill as they are simply firearms. In my last reading of the bill I could not find any language regulating the transfer of stripped lowers.

This means AR-9 and AR-10 stripped lowers are fair game still, cash and carry. My logic might even apply to other oddities that are neither rifles or pistols. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Nope. Government won’t see it that way. The serialized part is the firearm.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    This is the result of a long march which occurred over generations. The majority still don't comprehend what is happening.

The only strategy that will work is another long march. Tactical actions will only make things worse.

I'm referring to the entirety of the revolution, as was Tungsten, not to narrow 2A applications.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    We’ve talked about this at length. The implications of such actions are enormous. Power/sanitation/supply chain interruptions. A lot of innocents would die because of these things. It’s not time and anyone who thinks it is can’t think past their foreskin.

I completely agree. So circling back to your question, and being in agreement that we can't condone violence, "what tactic will change the minds of a veto-proof super-majority composed of anti-gun idealogues who vote in lock step?" Think about that question (which I agree is a completely accurate assessment of our situation).

I am unaware of any tactic that is going to work within this state. We can sometimes slow them down, but we can't pressure them with votes, we can't outbid Bloomberg, we have no conservative judges to rely upon, we have no SC that has any capacity to read and understand the Constitution, the Communists control the state and federal legal systems and law enforcement.

What tactic would you suggest? (I ask that sincerely.)

1. Leave the state. That works in the short term but states are falling one by one and soon there won't be a state to leave to.
    2. Continue to fight a losing battle in Annapolis. Noble, but as we've seen it is just a continual and slow loss year after year.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Nope. Government won’t see it that way. The serialized part is the firearm.

I think Nick was saying those receivers were not necessarily long guns and the new law wouldn’t apply. The failing is if they aren’t unregulated long guns, they ARE regulated handguns and restricted transfer thru controlled agents applies.

Eventually we will have to chose between being law-abiding or being felons.. it's not a choice you're going to be able to opt out of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom