• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Of your OWB holster.

Sometimes your shirt, while standing, just barely covers your OWB holster.
    When you sit down, it rides up and all hell breaks loose.
    Here's my tip, unbutton the bottom button of your shirt. The extra space allows the bottom of the shirt more room to blouse and cover the tip.
    Also, this makes drawing from under the shirt less constrictive.

I exaggerated the picture a little for illustrative purposes.

And if anyone wants to say "But open carry isn't illegal", just go ahead and make yourself the center of a circle jerk right now.
    We all know that and it isn't the point.
    The "I don't give a shit crowd" can go ahead and join them too.

668622f392325b271643132fc0fe4889.jpg
    566334414362b0e6bf42379bc0c26c55.jpg

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    I wonder if shirts by "untuckit" or Duluth would be better. The untuckit ones are expensive, as I recall. I will be considered a wuss or whatever by some, but I don't want to start any riots or even conversations. I never wanted to be in the limelight. Being famous seems awful.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I wonder if shirts by "untuckit" or Duluth would be better. The untuckit ones are expensive, as I recall. I will be considered a wuss or whatever by some, but I don't want to start any riots or even conversations. I never wanted to be in the limelight. Being famous seems awful.
    I'm wearing a Duluth flannel. It's the cut how it's curvy at the bottom.
    Untuckit shirts are dressy shirts and hemmed straight around the bottom.
    When I needed to dress, I would catch Jos bank on a yearly sale, buy a few dress shirts and get my tailor to hem them straight at the bottom. For a lot less than 90 bucks a shirt.

Jimgoespewpew

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2021
    Terlingua
    When I needed to dress, I would catch Jos bank on a yearly sale, buy a few dress shirts and get my tailor to hem them straight at the bottom. For a lot less than 90 bucks a shirt.
    Funny story. I sew, and one time my wife came home with a pair of black leather boots she got on sale and didn't try on. They landed mid thigh. Hot, but not something she'd wear outside the bedroom. I shortened them to proximal calf height and put new stops on the zippers. She still has them and I still wonder if I deprived myself of a little fun.

You were smart and thrifty to employ a tailor and sale shirts.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I can't get past the fact that you have a tailor. Is the shop like in The Kings Men?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have found most button down but not meant to be tucked in dress shirts are longer and square cut on the bottom.

I can wear a large but its "snugish" around the mid section, so I wear xl and they are also a little longer.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have found most button down but not meant to be tucked in dress shirts are longer and square cut on the bottom.

I can wear a large but its "snugish" around the mid section, so I wear xl and they are also a little longer.
    I have the broad shoulder issue. I have to go larger on the top. You can only "military tuck" so much shirt, so I have to get them tapered in.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I have the broad shoulder issue. I have to go larger on the top. You can only "military tuck" so much shirt, so I have to get them tapered in.
    its ok to be top heavy, but the weeble wooble shape works for me. Okay I need to loose some weight, but even when skinny I wore 32 and now where 36 so its not too bad.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    One of my highest concerns with the newly instituted right we can now enjoy is that Maryland will become the Hawaiian shirt capital, even surpassing Hawai!

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom