• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    I got 3 pro mags I purchased during the panic days. I have a tactical inovations that will accept them but a little snug. I have a seekins and the pro mags are so tight that I have to flip it over and hold the lower between my knees to get it out. Magpul pmags work really good. The pro mags are wider. Is that normal ?

I know I won't buy any more pro mags.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    I got 3 pro mags I purchased during the panic days. I have a tactical inovations that will accept them but a little snug. I have a seekins and the pro mags are so tight that I have to flip it over and hold the lower between my knees to get it out. Magpul pmags work really good. The pro mags are wider. Is that normal ?

Yes. Certain ones won't fit in the magwell.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    So I guess it's Pmags. What news.
    They have only been proven in combat for the last
    10+ years, they'll take care of us house jockeys just fine.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    It's only early gen pmags AKAIK.
    He has Pro Mags, not Magpul Pmags, If i Read it correctly.
    What do you mean early gen pmags? I know gen 2 and 3 and windowed / non windowed/
    but have not heard of failures in the mag.
    Always willing to learn....

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER

My father was having issues with them in his Seekins lower also along with another brand (can't remember). It wouldn't insert in the mag well no matter what we tried.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I misread it to. some pro mags are larger and fit tighter. Also some Seekins magwells extend farther than the original Colt design adding difficulty for mag fitment. I will say on the P mags there is a fair amount differences between all 3 gens.

mward

Ultimate Member
    Dec 4, 2009
    Annapolis
    He has Pro Mags, not Magpul Pmags, If i Read it correctly.
    What do you mean early gen pmags? I know gen 2 and 3 and windowed / non windowed/
    but have not heard of failures in the mag.
    Always willing to learn....

Oh. Yeah those don't work too. My pmags don't fit in my magwell for some reason and they're gen 3.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Honestly I'd sell the pro mags. There in my opinion not what I would stake my life on if I had to. Just my feelings. Others may differ with me.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I have Magpul gen 3 Pmags they fit fine. It's Promags that I am having problems with.

Like Boss said, just sell the Pro-Mags and use the money you get from them towards a more reliable mag that has no problem dropping freely from your Seekins.

There's only 3 mag brands I'd trust and Pro-Mags aren't one of them. It's even more of an issue of they don't work correctly in your lower.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom