• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    Hi Folks,
    I just got a Sub 2000 in .40s&w that uses glock mags, and I can't get through a whole mag without a jam. I tried 5 differant OM mags and 3 aftermarket and I have feed problems with them all. After the first trip to the range, I stripped it down and gave it a good cleaning and tried again and still the same thing. Anyone have any ideas what I can try before I send it back to them?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Gen 1 or 2? Buddy had a Gen 1 that was a jamomatic. I've had 0 issues out of my gen2 9mm in about 500 rounds.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What types of ammo have you tried? If you think there's a problem, contact Kel-Tec. They are really good for their warranty work.

Good Luck!

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    My Gen 1 9mm is flawless except for one brand of FMJ, I think it's MagTech if I remember correctly. For whatever reason that particular ammo wouldn't cycle properly about 10% of the time..

Might just want to try a few brands of ammo first, if you haven't already...

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    It could be new mag and the new gun as a combo. My Gen 1 Glock 17 jammed every 4 or 5 rounds. I brought it up on a forum may have been this one.... :rolleyes: I was told, it take 400+ rounds through it to get it broken in. After 500 the jams completely went away.....

Maybe try loading the mag to a smaller capacity. If it stays "bad" (still jamming at the same rate) after 200, then I would contact the mfg.

tmd99

Aug 22, 2015
    Frederick
    lube that bolt up really well. it also dirties up quick and i switched from rem oil to 5w 30 synthetic and it ran smooth as butter. first time at range malfunction every mag on second to last round. dont use korean high capacity as they have proven to be hit and miss. using glock mags, last couple times at range ran flawless. hated aguila, loves alum and brass case remington. hst ran well, only had one or two malfuntictions. im only at 400 to 500 rounds but it is running great now. still breaking it in though.

TLL

God Bless America
    Jan 6, 2011
    Virginia
    My gen 1 9mm g19 grip single shot only for 70 rds. Keltec worked on it and seems to run now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Good to know... I have wanted one of these for a long time... you know, for home invaders.

While Keltec may have improved the design, I would still have 4 to 500 rounds through it, before you press it into service for that purpose. Find the ammo it likes, and you will probably never have an issue.

If things ever get so bad that I feel I NEED a truck gun (car gun whatever) I would be using my Gen 1 Glock 17, with no hesitations. I may do the trigger upgrade someday. The triggers on the Gen 1s are really spongy.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Check the mag release. I sold one to a member here unknowingly to me the mag release was loose causing him jams cuz the mags wouldn't seat 100% correct. Keltec replaced it for him for free! And yeah I still feel kinda bad about that one.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    While Keltec may have improved the design, I would still have 4 to 500 rounds through it, before you press it into service for that purpose. Find the ammo it likes, and you will probably never have an issue.

If things ever get so bad that I feel I NEED a truck gun (car gun whatever) I would be using my Gen 1 Glock 17, with no hesitations. I may do the trigger upgrade someday. The triggers on the Gen 1s are really spongy.

Sorry for the slight thread jack, but I can't recommend the Mcarbo trigger upgrade enough. It's night and day difference. I did the trigger springs, aluminum trigger, and extended bolt at the same time. I can't think of a better upgrade package for that gun. It's kind of a PITA, but there are very good videos that walk you through it.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Sorry for the slight thread jack, but I can't recommend the Mcarbo trigger upgrade enough. It's night and day difference. I did the trigger springs, aluminum trigger, and extended bolt at the same time. I can't think of a better upgrade package for that gun. It's kind of a PITA, but there are very good videos that walk you through it.

Keep hearing great things about the mcarbo stuff. Guess it's time to place an order:D

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford

Just got the spring kit in the mail yesterday, trigger is on back order:mad54: so I guess i'll have to wait to do the upgrade when the trigger gets here.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Just got the spring kit in the mail yesterday, trigger is on back order:mad54: so I guess i'll have to wait to do the upgrade when the trigger gets here.

I guess I got lucky. Since you're waiting anyway, you may want to wait a bit longer and get their upcoming upgraded sights. They're designed to work in conjunction with their optics mount that will be released any minute. It's similar to the Midwest Industries offering but has a superior mounting solution. The sights will be higher and will fold down, essentially becoming buis.
    If you can't tell, I've become a huge fan boy recently. Before I'm done, I wouldn't be surprised if I put as much into Mcarbo products as I did the gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom