Business/Group/Organization
    $1,000.00
    Vallario, Joseph F. Jr. Friends of 2010 Annual

:sad20:

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    MY FIRST STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*wipes tear from eye*

high-expectations-asian-father-meme-generator-son-i-m-proud-c64f1f.jpg

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    PG Professional Fire Fighters Local 1619 Phone: (301) 805-5300 donated to Hubbard and Valentino-Smith.

PG FOP Lodge 89 Phone: (301) 952-0882 donated to Hubbard.

I called 1619 and was told the local president is aware of SB281 and had at least one thing he wasn't happy with. Asked the local to contact Hubbard and V-Smith regarding that displeasure.

I called Lodge 89 and President is in a meeting. Individual who answered phone said he'd get my message to him in the next fifteen minutes.

No call back fm 89.

dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    Called Miller and Brochin. Anyone else?
    Already called my Senator, Dyson. He is planning on filibustering, although listening live, the Senators are doing a pretty good job already. I hope they can keep it up.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Petition to rename this thread: "Formerly The Alamo....Now the revenge thread".

Get back at these tyrants people....

dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    Don't suppose we could rename it one more time and spell it correctly? Gives us a little more credibility.

OK, I'm just a stickler for spelling...:o

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hello,

Everyone keeps talking about guns as if this were a conversation about guns. It's not.

I do agree that we should be talking about revenge, but not the kind of revenge some on this forum are talking about. We're talking about the revenge a certain president mentioned during a certain campaign speech. The kind of revenge liberal politicians talk about behind closed doors.

This is about taking the rights away from the large, main group of gun owners. If a few gun owners from the smaller groups of people are affected, so be it. In their eyes, it's a small price to pay to get back at us. "REVENGE". The politicians who are taking our rights away from us know we will never vote for them and they know the smaller group will always vote for them. No matter what is done to them.

The bigger picture is this: We are being demonized. We are being painted as angry people. We are being painted as small minded. Shallow. Hate-Filled. Uncaring. DANGEROUS.

What is taking place is a frontal assault on who we are as human beings. That's why the CDC is is getting involved. They will try to prove there is something wrong with the brain of a gun owner.

In a few years, we will not be welcome in the workplace. In a few years, we will be the person nobody will want to live next to. In a few years, we will have "Illegal Gun Hot Lines". In a few years, we will be afraid to leave the house to go target shooting and hunting. Is it sinking in yet? If history has taught us anything, it has taught us that people will believe ANYTHING if it is repeated over and over and over again.

Wake-up and stop talking about GUNS. Start talking about the bigger picture. 2014 is right around the corner. We need to put REPUBLICANS in office.

Scott

Last edited:

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Agreed

The bigger picture is this: We are being demonized. We are being painted as angry people. We are being painted as small minded. Shallow. Hate-Filled. Uncaring. DANGEROUS.

What is taking place is a frontal assault on who we are as human beings. That's why the CDC is is getting involved. They will try to prove there is something wrong with the brain of a gun owner.

Great point and they were able to do that to smokers... I am not a smoker - never have been - but it is a proven tactic they have used pretty successfully..

We need to make sure we don't come off as angry gun owners...

usmctankmech

Feb 5, 2013
    Manchester,MD
    So what do we do now? I was planning on buying a pistol from a friend and transfering it at the State Police barracks, This shouldnt effect me untill the law takes effect Oct 1st this year right?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    wrong thread, but yes you are correct

just make sure you leave it in the car legally stored until you have gone inside and announced your intentions

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I have been planning on waiting until June or July and then blasting the legislature again to remind them that they voted in favor of SB281 and that as a voter I disapprove of that.

I won't let up, ever. I want them to be reminded day in and day out that they did not listen to their constituents and now we are angry. We can't let this simmer down and taper off now that the bill is passed and we are all panic buying our last lowers.

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    none of this stuff ever works. you can't fight politics with good intentions. they have had their minds made up on the topic of gun control since they were in college. try new tactics.

Apr 7, 2013
    Im inclined to agree that the way to handle this sort of thing is political action. Numbers in person are the way to go, and holding representatives accountable for their voting actions is also the way to go.

Its imperative that websites are created to show who voted for what. I can tell you that from what i've seen in the past, that activism does work. I can tell you that alot of representatives are running scared for their jobs right now, especially the ones who exist in the "swing vote" counties. Its no secret republicans have a hard time winning on the ballot's in some counties in Maryland. However, what some of the democrats are scared of is the fact that they can get voted out and replaced with a different democrat, one that might be more conservative than their liberal leaning, anti gun ways. While alot of people "love voting democrat" there is a growing number of people who are fed up with crime, fed up with high taxes, fed up with the lack of change. Reaching those in the community who are in this position is a way to get the message out.

This bill that passed was a political measure. MOM thinks that by passing this bill, its going to give him a shot at the 2016 presidential ticket. MOM knows that despite it passing, there is going to many fights ahead to keep it in place, as it will be challenged on many grounds throughout the court systems etc. Not only did this bill not have the support of private law abiding citizens, but veterans and the FOP lodges/many law enforcement both active and retired were opposed to this measure. What does it say when law makers don't even listen to the law enforcement in their own state? What does it say when our elected officials ignore veterans and active duty military/reservists who put their lives on the line for this country? This is just a sign of times that through voting and advertisement, grass roots activism these people can be voted out of office. But not just the gun owners can accomplish this.

It will require the work and effort of not only gun owners and supporters themselves, but their families and friends too. Getting out there and showing how dissatisfied you are by spreading the message, getting people involved with the NRA, GOA, MSI, any sort of organization that will help send a strong message to lawmakers. Grassroots facebook, twitter activism like those who stood in line to testify at hearings in Annapolis need to take place more and more. Encouraging gun stores to sell memberships along with firearms purchases to gun rights organizations should also be a priority too. The gun stores, who haven't gotten into the political arena yet, well you need to start. A gun store/range is a great place to start putting up posters for meetings, websites, etc and getting those who enjoy their rights and 2A freedoms involved.

With that being said, 2014 is fast approaching. Its time that those who voted to destroy 2A rights in Maryland are held accountable at the ballot box and get voted out. I can guarantee you that there are quite a few representatives who haven't gotten a good nights sleep since that vote, and for good reason. In 2014, they are going to searching for a new job, because through grass roots activism, change can come to Maryland. The liberals have broken the camels back with this straw, and you can bet they awoke a sleeping giant when it comes to the pro gun crowd, it will bring protests and shakeups like never before. The liberals know this. This is why they could only muster a few people to protest in Annapolis compared to the thousands of pro gun people who showed up to testify against the bill.

I think now is an important time that everyone goes through and figures out who's for and against the 2nd amendment. Its pretty clear now who is for what, and the days of fence sitting is over with after this vote.

I don't think guns or gun owners are being demonized. I think there are a few nuts in the crowd, just like there are a few nuts in the liberals ranks as well. With that being said, everyone should be vigilant to be on the look out for those who are simply installed into the pro gun movement to create controversy, chaos, and simply really don't care about the rights of law abiding citizens, but only seek to make everyone look bad however they see fit.

This isn't something that will simmer down, or "blow over" in time. Its important that we remind the elected officials of whats important to us as voters. Without the 2nd amendment, you have no constitution, you have no rights. There are alot of people who think that in time that things will get better, or gun owners will forget.

For those of you who still live in the state of Maryland, or keep your guns there, my suggestion is now is the time to get your ducks in a row and legal stuff in order. I have a feeling that some anti gun rabid police agencies are going to use this opportunity to serve a whole rash of gun seizing warrants and knock and talks clad in heavily armored vehicles and clothing. Much like the guy from LaPlata who had MSP knock on his door in the middle of the night and accuse him of owning "illegal guns" because they pulled the list of ammunition buyers from the local gun store, and it didn't match the guns he "owned." I would also imagine they didn't learn their lesson as they are now being sued for 20 million for shooting and killing the former army ranger in St. Mary's County after a long standoff. This is how some agencies have chosen to act before the bill, and theres no doubt that after the law takes place that they will seek to turn the many law abiding gun owners into "armed criminals" for probably procedural violations like "not having your fingerprints completed on time" etc, and theres no doubt that they will use those opportunities to serve high risk search warrants on peoples residences to seize such firearms. I hope that this isn't the route they choose to go, as there is plenty of real criminals that require investigating and apprehension throughout the state.

The bill also fails to address alot of the requirements. How will "training" go? The "training" requirements don't seem to be outlined very well. I simply can't see agencies that are run by anti gun liberal leadership like the Prince Georges County Police and Montgomery County PD hosting "gun safety" training for law abiding citizens who choose to own guns.

It did not say what will happen to those who were "emergency petitioned" by police/sheriffs and taken to a psych ward for evaluation. What about those who were found to be sane, yet by the new bill's standards, this type of action will prohibit them from owning firearms, per state law. They have been denied their 5th amendment right to due process by not having any hearing or trial, and in some cases of those who were emergency petitioned its possible that they were falsely taken into custody. For those of you who don't know, Emergency Petition for Mental evaluations can be taken out against someone through the courts, by an individual (anyone) testifying before a judge that you are a threat to yourself or others. The judge then can sign off on the order, and the sheriffs will take that individual into custody. The individual is then transported to the nearest mental health capable facility for further evaluation. Many people are released from commitment without being diagnosed with anything, and are given a clean bill of health. If something was mentally wrong with the individual, then they are held for further evaluation and treatment. This was the state legislatures answer to "mental health issues." Furthermore, this portion of the bill will discourage those who have tough times in their life to seek mental health treatment, because they fear their gun rights will be taken away.

While these are just a few of the issues at hand, I really hope that this bill is repealed. It seems to be another "feel good measure" that simply won't accomplish anything once its all done but tie up the courts with more litigation, cases and lawsuits. I hope that the members of this forum are able to recognize the issues at hand, and how we can positively go out and defeat this encroachment on our 2nd amendment rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom