• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Keep talking.... :)

I guess that darn Obamacare really got to me, huh?

Very different issue and a main reason I fear roberts as discussed.

The failure to restrain govermrnt will seal his fate as a weak and foolish Chief.

While scalia lives there will be at leas one on the court that has the guts to do the job..

In any case what is the option, right now?

If the court fails I move to Constitutional convention. In fact the ball is rolling on that already..... i think 32 of a needed 34 states have signed on, so anything is possible.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    Nothing will change it. Honestly. Let's repeat the battle of lexingon and concord.

Been done, orange ribbons have been passed out all over the place at various events. The VCDL also uses orange buttons.

At this point what would a protest on Oct. 1 do? Get us all in one place so O'Malley can get off on us being pissed off? Really, I believe that the time for protesting is over. The law is on the books, nothing can be done about it until the lawsuits are heard in court.

They know we haven't forgotten. My fear is we would come off as a bunch of disgruntled gun owners. We worked within the system as it exists and we lost.

They know we're here. When the NRA files suit on Oct 1, it will make the news and be back in the public eye.

My .02

The time for protests is over. It's now time to kick people out of office. That should be our priority.

I realize that "protest" can have a bad connotation, and that some of the ideas that have been floated on the forums are less then ideal, but suggesting that there shouldn't be any "gatherings" is short sighted. I'm not saying lets turn into the anti-abortion asshats who hold up pictures of fetuses, but not holding regular peaceful gatherings/protests/whatever would be a mistake. Every single one of them is another chance to educate people and turn them to our side or at least make them neutral. It doesn't matter if it is a rally like in Annapolis or everybody showing up on Oct 1, we need to stay in the public eye.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    It's really sad that you guys think lining up to register is a protest. Really guys?

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    It's really sad that you guys think lining up to register is a protest. Really guys?

I am not talking about some pathetic "protest".

How can you possibly think I'm talking about a "protest", or "making a statement"?

I'm talking about humiliating them by exposing their incompetence: setting up a license requirement, then being unable to fulfill their side.

Right now the MSP is overwhelmed by all the 77rs.

They are being sued because they aren't meeting their legal obligations.

The State took on NEW legal obligations to administer a licensing system.

When they are unable to meet that obligation, we will have STANDING to SUE them again.

This is not a "protest" I'm talking about.

Last year we CHOKED them with Concealed Carry Permit applications. They were overwhelmed, remember?

Now we are choking them with 77rs. They are being sued for their dereliction.

Come October, we can CHOKE them again, with their damn license requirements. And we can lay the groundwork for another lawsuit.

Meanwhile, the alternative is, if no one steps up to be licensed, we will have PROVEN that SB281 in NOT an infringement, and I think we will seriously undermine any lawsuit the NRA should bring.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    That's a fantastic idea.

How would the venue be set up so people could make public announcements?

If people were consise, the information would fit on a hand held-poster board sized sign. It would be lightweight too.

Mr. or Mrs. XXXXXXXXXX

Date.

Town.

How many saved.

Type of firearm used.

Basically yeah. Could easily be put on a piece of cardboard. Each person marching carries that person's name and story.

The anti-gun people splatter the news with angelic images of people killed by gun crime.

Let's use their tactic against them.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

How can you possibly think I'm talking about a "protest", or "making a statement"?

I'm talking about humiliating them by exposing their incompetence: setting up a license requirement, then being unable to fulfill their side.

When they are unable to meet that obligation, we will have STANDING to SUE them again.

Last year we CHOKED them with Concealed Carry Permit applications. They were overwhelmed, remember?

Come October, we can CHOKE them again, with their damn license requirements. And we can lay the groundwork for another lawsuit.

Meanwhile, the alternative is, if no one steps up to be licensed, we will have PROVEN that SB281 in NOT an infringement, and I think we will seriously undermine any lawsuit the NRA should bring.

Indeed. We are injured parties. I don't think a protest is the right frame. We do need an event and for it to be at the right place and time.

The good news is have 3 months to plan this. Might be good fodder for Liberty Tree work.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Ill be protesting by purchasing and showing off my firearm. At the moment im thinking glock 27. Ill post it here, and fb.

10/1/2013
    1000hrs: walked in gun store
    1007hrs: asked to see glock 27
    1023hrs: decided to purchase g27
    1030hrs: background check paperwork started
    1048hrs: background check complete
    1103hrs: walks out with brand new g27
    1143hrs: swaps out g23 in holster for g27 as ccw
    1144hrs: has no friends on fb and banned from mds

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If the court grants an injunction on or about Oct 1, how will this affect the state's preparations? I'd guess they'd stop processing apps but overwhelming them seems like a great and legal way to expose their incompetence and hypocrisy.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Threeband doesn't know a thing about "floating" Mosin bolt heads, but I am in complete agreement with everything he just said.

We need to show folks what kind of Fuster Cluck this really is.

If delay times for HQL's look anything like delay times for 77R's then it will go something like this.

7 days for a 77R plus 1,300 % = 98 days.

30 days for an HQL plus 1,300 % = 420 days.

That means people who get a few months late start on applying for their HQL's will receive them in late February of 2015.

Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    What about a drive protest. All thousand of us meet, and then flood are way into Annapolis with signs on our cars etc. Then make sure we put "please have patience"... not being able to get home for a couple hours would be a real "inconvenience" to the people now wouldn't it. And a thousand or so cars with signs driving through Annapolis or even Baltimore surely would make the news.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Basically yeah. Could easily be put on a piece of cardboard. Each person marching carries that person's name and story.

The anti-gun people splatter the news with angelic images of people killed by gun crime.

Let's use their tactic against them.

I'm all for that.

But let's add one more wrinkle to it.

Not only do we have people come together in the seats of power (Annapolis, Baltimore City Hall, county courthouses across the state...), but...

October 1 also needs to become Defense and Freedom Day in Maryland.

We need people to line up in support of every gun related business, everywhere. Holding those signs will be a huge plus.

Dealers, ranges, you name it. Tens of thousands of people lining sidewalks across the state, every one of them out in defense of their Second Amendment Rights.

Window paint on your cars for the week.

"2A" and "2014" everywhere.

I will take the day off to do this, even though I can't really afford to.

But, if we're going to do it, we have to start soon, and publicize the heck out of it so that people can plan.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What about a drive protest. All thousand of us meet, and then flood are way into Annapolis with signs on our cars etc. Then make sure we put "please have patience"... not being able to get home for a couple hours would be a real "inconvenience" to the people now wouldn't it. And a thousand or so cars with signs driving through Annapolis or even Baltimore surely would make the news.

You just had to go there. Didn't you?

Do I agree or Don't I agree???

I mean gas doesn't really cost "that" much.

And I'm not sure if a 1,000 cars would fit in the parking lot where the "BLUE" plane is mounted.

It sure would be a mess if we all turned left after leaving the parking lot.

Do I agree or Don't I agree???

Glock30Eric

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2013
    Guys, I have read all of your comments here. I had to laugh out of loud, no offense. I don't like how this work but that is how they work.

WE NEED TO TAKE CONTROL OF ALL THE MEDIA CHANNELS AND USE THAT AGAINST ANTI-2A, otherwise we are all lost until a revoutionary war 2.0. Seriously.

I predicts that the lawsuit will fail. It is because it is too political for them to follow COTUS strictly. THAT is how the liberal use the media channel to pressure on the law-makers, judges, and uneducated voters to gain their Obnazi plan.

Don't you guys read Nazi history? We are going through exact same thing what Germans went through in 1920s to 1940s.

Don't you remember how the media used against Ron Paul in the recent election? Liberal steered GOP, Christians, Conservatives, Right people to vote for Romney which it gave Obama a victory and that have sealed our future.

Liberals will use their tools (media channels) to paint you protestors as lunatic, closed-minded, hatre for the poor people, and you are cow-boys where you shoot at everywhere. Protesting won't make a different unless we take the control over media. MEDIA is newspaper, TV, movies, books, anything that you could express your thoughts on public in a massive way.

I don't have a high hope. I enjoy my beers while it last. I know I will be taken and rounded up by US Government because I am anti-Obnazi and their system.

YOU ARE FOREWARNED THAT USG IS SNOOPING ON YOU ALL! :party29:

I couldn't believe that I am almost like SVEJK.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013

So you want to piss off the very people whose support we need by throwing a hissy fit about not being treated like responsible adults ....

What if someone dies because emergent response can't make it thought your traffic obstruction? It has happened in NY.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    What if someone dies from a multiple THUG, home invasion because someone can't purchase a firearm?

It's time for the "what ifs" to come to an end.

Including my own.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    What if someone dies from a multiple THUG, home invasion because someone can't purchase a firearm?

It's time for the "what ifs" to come to an end.

Including my own.

And,How in the name of god is obstructing traffic going to release firearms? Or help in any way?

Never mind just throw a fit... At least its doing something....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom