• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mar 18, 2013
    Baltimore
    So you want to piss off the very people whose support we need by throwing a hissy fit about not being treated like responsible adults ....

What if someone dies because emergent response can't make it thought your traffic obstruction? It has happened in NY.

Well to be honest I was more so looking at Baltimore than Annapolis as I believe there is probably more support there than Baltimore. In any case I dont believe that standing up for your rights or trying to prove a point (without harming anyone or yourselves) is by any means considered "throwing a hissy fit". Just like the term "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun", I whole heartedly believe that the only way to combat people who are speaking for gun control, is people that speak out(prove points) for your 2A.

As for the comment made of how it would prove a point, i thought it was an obvious one, but dont worry, ill explain. To me, a protest doesnt get noted unless it directly affects someone. By doing what I was proposing, it would directly affect people and make it say, an uncomfortable situation. "why would anybody impose something on me" or "just because they believe one thing, why should it affect me".. as for the waiting in traffic, I was thinking it would show a very undesirable wait. I mean they are still going to get home or where they were going, so whats the big deal if they wait a little longer.

see where im going with this?

But you do make a very good point as to emergency services and the possible ill affects traffic could cause. very much noted. I just wish you would have expressed your thoughts in a better manner.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Well to be honest I was more so looking at Baltimore than Annapolis as I believe there is probably more support there than Baltimore. In any case I dont believe that standing up for your rights or trying to prove a point (without harming anyone or yourselves) is by any means considered "throwing a hissy fit". Just like the term "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun", I whole heartedly believe that the only way to combat people who are speaking for gun control, is people that speak out(prove points) for your 2A.

As for the comment made of how it would prove a point, i thought it was an obvious one, but dont worry, ill explain. To me, a protest doesnt get noted unless it directly affects someone. By doing what I was proposing, it would directly affect people and make it say, an uncomfortable situation. "why would anybody impose something on me" or "just because they believe one thing, why should it affect me".. as for the waiting in traffic, I was thinking it would show a very undesirable wait. I mean they are still going to get home or where they were going, so whats the big deal if they wait a little longer.

see where im going with this?

But you do make a very good point as to emergency services and the possible ill affects traffic could cause. very much noted. I just wish you would have expressed your thoughts in a better manner.

Fair enough. I was curt. However this sort of protest never plays well for our side as the media spin is not going to be favorable.

The real purpose of a protest is to draw attention to an issue in s way that invokes a sympathetic response.

Any kind of obstruction will not help and in fact will hurt. In fact it does not help the left either it just does not hurt them as much because the media is not neutral..

We need to always be a sympathetic symbol. Never an obstruction.

It can be done and it can be very effective. We must show the media to be the liars that they are. To do this we must never let them bait us into acting out in any way.

The truth is that it is the left that are a threat to law and order not us. A fact we prove every time they act out and we behave like the citenzens of good will that we are.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Why 1 Oct? Every day the bill is law is infringement day.

So we have time to do it right..

Oct is the 10th month we can make a symbolic gesture at 10:01 every day the law is in effect. What should it be.....

Call the Gov office all at the same time??

Not sure...

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    They are not in session, no...

But that's why assembling at City Halls, County Seats, etc. is a viable option, IMO.

Also, if in Annapolis, there are still plenty of office staff, bureaucrats, and the Lord Governor hisself who could take notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom