• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Torin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2012
    Was it disheartening that this thing made it out of committee? Absolutely!! Here's the thing: Some elected officials have been pressuring other elected officials to at least make it out so it can see a vote. Some elected officials don't want to be known as the guy/gal who stopped a bill that could "make everyone safe" from having a chance to be heard by everyone. Yeah, it sucks. What cannot happen is for everyone to lose their resolve to stop this thing. That's what the enemies of the 2A are counting on

We have to express our dissatisfaction with this thing now more than ever. We have to let it be known that we will end the careers, with our votes (in 2014 and beyond), of anyone who votes/voted for this thing when it hits the GA for the final votes. I will defer to the leaders of MSI and MDS on the best plan of action.

DO NOT GIVE UP!!!! That is what they want.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    In addition to the delegates make sure to contact their donors as well! See the Alamo thread in this sub forum for more info.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    We are going to have to sit and think about how to attack this problem. It won't be easy. We need to get a bunch of people out in 2014 and make sure everyone knows it is us who did it.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    I'm in to help however I can. We need to get rid of these people that have no problem with ruining our state.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    We are going to have to sit and think about how to attack this problem. It won't be easy. We need to get a bunch of people out in 2014 and make sure everyone knows it is us who did it.

Agreed, perhaps getting people to take their main focus off of the national stage might help. I know far too many pro-gun folks who presently spend an arguably unnecessary amount of time focusing on national issues when it comes to gun control. Maybe it's just me, but most national activism on a local scale is but a drop in the bucket.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Just out of curiosity. Is it time to take the gloves off? Time to start calling out politicians, stop playing nice and get dirty like they seem to be doing? I saw a lot of MSI shirts there last night and I was one of them. I know we have always been told to dress nice and be professional, but it looked like the gloves were off last night. Shouldn't we be using the same set of broken rules that they do? Just wondering. I will do whatever we need to do and put a good face on to the public, BUT at some point you have to get dirty in the trenches to defeat some of these poeple.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    It would be great if every one that votes against us, were to get a few snail mail letters, a couple of phone calls, a fax or two, and of course regular email - saying that we have not forgotten about them.

Snail Mail is the most effective. Hand written is the best, but I use my printer for anything longer than a sentence.
    We have a bit more than a year until the elections, and we need a few projects to keep us going.

.... large parts missing - because someone reminded me, it would be a good idea to remove it :) thanks

Too many words here already - send a pm or post here, if you have any thoughts on this idea.

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    < redacted by request of original author>

Too many words here already - send a pm or post here, if you have any thoughts on this idea.

I like where you are heading, but think it should all be off line. not even PM.

I have ideas as well, but this is not the place to discuss.

Groups will be forming. Write your ideas down and there will be a place to discuss them in person before too long.

Last edited:

Dreamquencher

Grammar Nazgûl
    Jan 20, 2013
    Undisclosed Location, MD
    This is a public forum

[redacted] but I wont let him know this).

You just did. How many times do we need to stress the importance of OPSEC?

Everyone should assume that every politician in 2013 and beyond has a minion who is tasked to monitor fora, Facebook, Twitter, etc., for references to himself/herself. Google makes this a trivial task. Verbum sat sapienti est.

Also see: Brooklyn's post immediately above mine.

Does anyone here know the location of the nearest SCIFS-R-US? I'll settle for the Cone of Silence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1eUIK9CihA

Last edited:

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I don't mind getting down and dirty, but remember that the anti's don't need much to reinforce their misguided opinions and having a bunch of folks in camo gear or t-shirts with "evil" guns on them will not further our cause, in my opinion. We don't have to change who we are but in public I think we need to blend in and show the libtards we are no different from them even if our gun philosophies do not sync up. At the hearings, the vast majority of folks were dressed conservatively so even if they didn't go our way, I'm positive many of the senators and delegates opened their eyes to see not their perceived redneck, gun-toting, inbred vision of who they think we are, but rather, they saw normal, everyday, working folks who happen to enjoy guns. Again, just my opinion... yours may be different and you are entitled to it.

Just out of curiosity. Is it time to take the gloves off? Time to start calling out politicians, stop playing nice and get dirty like they seem to be doing? I saw a lot of MSI shirts there last night and I was one of them. I know we have always been told to dress nice and be professional, but it looked like the gloves were off last night. Shouldn't we be using the same set of broken rules that they do? Just wondering. I will do whatever we need to do and put a good face on to the public, BUT at some point you have to get dirty in the trenches to defeat some of these people.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    I don't mind getting down and dirty, but remember that the anti's don't need much to reinforce their misguided opinions and having a bunch of folks in camo gear or t-shirts with "evil" guns on them will not further our cause, in my opinion. We don't have to change who we are but in public I think we need to blend in and show the libtards we are no different from them even if our gun philosophies do not sync up. At the hearings, the vast majority of folks were dressed conservatively so even if they didn't go our way, I'm positive many of the senators and delegates opened their eyes to see not their perceived redneck, gun-toting, inbred vision of who they think we are, but rather, they saw normal, everyday, working folks who happen to enjoy guns. Again, just my opinion... yours may be different and you are entitled to it.

And yet, if you continue to call us liberals libtards, you continue to maintain a hostile environment to liberals, including liberal gun owners. There's another thread about taking a liberal to go shooting with you and yet all us liberals will here is terms like "libtard." It's sending two different messages.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Voting DOES NOT do a damn thing when its either not counted or overturned for their convience. You are going to loose with that attitude, the info is right there. Watch the video, Smiegel calls it out, its tyranny. How do you stand up to tyranny?

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

These people need opponents. These opponents need to have thousands from around the state showing up and supporting them. We need to organize the Dino movement where we can but first and foremost we need to get these out of office at any cost.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    These people need opponents. These opponents need to have thousands from around the state showing up and supporting them. We need to organize the Dino movement where we can but first and foremost we need to get these out of office at any cost.

Agree 100%

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    You just did. How many times do we need to stress the importance of OPSEC?

Everyone should assume that every politician in 2013 and beyond has a minion who is tasked to monitor fora, Facebook, Twitter, etc. for references to himself/herself. Google makes this a trivial task. Verbum sat sapienti est.

Also see: Brooklyn's post immediately above mine.

He's from Joysey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom