• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I picked-up the PS90 that Mark at 2A Sales has been holding for me. I've wanted one of these for years, and Mark just happened to have a black one in stock when I was in last time, so......

I added a Trijicon RMR duel illuminated (Tritium, no batteries) with the 12.9MOA triangle reticule. This sight works very well with the gun due to its low profile. (Mark also supplied the mount, which I thought I had ordered with the sight) Now I need to apply for the tax stamp to SBR it.

P1013845.jpg

P1013844.jpg

I took it to the range yesterday, but never got a chnce to shoot it due to tmie constraints. I'll give a range report soonish.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    I picked-up the PS90 that Mark at 2A Sales has been holding for me. I've wanted one of these for years, and Mark just happened to have a black one in stock when I was in last time, so......

I added a Trijicon RMR duel illuminated (Tritium, no batteries) with the 12.9MOA triangle reticule. This sight works very well with the gun due to its low profile. (Mark also supplied the mount, which I thought I had ordered with the sight) Now I need to apply for the tax stamp to SBR it.

P1013845.jpg

P1013844.jpg

I took it to the range yesterday, but never got a chnce to shoot it due to tmie constraints. I'll give a range report soonish.

Nice pick up, it looks really great, let us know how It shoots. I personally have never shot the 5.7 round, so I am curious.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Its supposed to be a very flat shooting round. Mark at 2A says that he was hitting plates at 200m with no hold-over. I might have to start getting into reloading now. The round is said to be very effective when loaded to military/LE specs. However, from what I've read, its not a good round to start reloading with; supposedly very tricky to reload.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have a buddy selling one in MD. I think he fired 50-100 rds out of it. 1200-1300.

He likes the gun but he is a HUGE dude and the ergonomics don't work well with him.

Sep 6, 2011
    Garrett County, MD
    Its supposed to be a very flat shooting round. Mark at 2A says that he was hitting plates at 200m with no hold-over. I might have to start getting into reloading now. The round is said to be very effective when loaded to military/LE specs. However, from what I've read, its not a good round to start reloading with; supposedly very tricky to reload.

Nice piece!

Yes the 5.7 round is flat. Like very little to no holdover at 100 yds with the FiveseveN pistol. And yes, it is very tricky to reload. Definately not what I would recommend starting out with.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    :lol2:

I would really love to have one of these but not in 5.7mm. If they made one in some rim fire caliber or even a 9mm para I would be all over it.

I used to feel the same way about the 5.7 round. But they can pack 400 ft/lb of muzzle energy, which is pretty close to a 9mm round. The 5.7 round also rotates on entry, so like the 5.45x39 round; the permanent trauma channel is fairly large. The 9mm "might" hit a little harder, but there are definite advantages to the 5.7 over the 9mm (much lighter/smaller, more rounds per unit volume, very flat shooting, lower recoil).

When I got the boxes of ammo I was amazed. 50 round boxes were about the size of a box of .22lr, and incredibly light. When you hangle the rounds, they feel like they are dummy rounds due to the low weight. (shrug) Not saying 5.7 is the greatest round, it certainly has limitations (not the least of which is cost); but I'll take a smidge less hitting power for the aforementioned advantages.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007

The 5.7x28 is nowhere near a beginner reloading cartridge, Its sensitive to power charge variants in the tenth of a grain.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Almost three weeks ago.. I used a PS90 in a life/death situation. The 50 round mag and its glock-like reliability inspired confidence. This is so far my favorite rifle made by FN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom