• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Almost three weeks ago.. I used a PS90 in a life/death situation. The 50 round mag and its glock-like reliability inspired confidence. This is so far my favorite rifle made by FN.

I like the FND, FN m240, FN m249 better. P90 is sweet though.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I have shot steel silhouette targets with my 5.7 pistol at 200 yards. Aimed at the head and could consistently hit center mass. Very flat shooting and relatively quiet through a suppressor.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    That, with the rmr, has me rethinking my uzi inklings. Hmmmm.

Funny, I worked for three weeks trying to decide what optic to get for the gun, before I settled on the RMR (I never liked the tritium RMR much due to the 7+MOA reticule, but this new version has the 12.9 MOA triangle like my RX06; which I love.). And since I'd never seen one online equiped like this, I wasn't sure how well it would work.

The week after I picked up the PS90, I saw an episode of Top Shot where they used PS90s with an RMR as the optic. The exact same setup as I had. lol This actually helped me a bit, since I had moved the RMR to the middle of the rail, and I noticed they had mounted it at the rearmost postion; turns out this works much better. Way easier to pickup the reticule in this postion.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Almost three weeks ago.. I used a PS90 in a life/death situation. The 50 round mag and its glock-like reliability inspired confidence. This is so far my favorite rifle made by FN.

Any chance we could get more details? I'd be very curious to know how the gun performed coming from someone with your experience.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Any chance we could get more details? I'd be very curious to know how the gun performed coming from someone with your experience.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=80925&highlight=bad+night

My HD guns are primarily rifles. I am a firm believer in fast, high performance ammunition fired from short shoulder fired weapons for HD use.

About 3 years ago, my my AR 15 SBR were replaced with PS90 carbines for HD use. The primary reason for this was I had some bad experience with 5.56 SBRs. These produced excessive blast, flash and cause momentary disorientation when fired indoors without hearing or eye protection. My wife and daughter also had issues with charging semi- auto pistol slides , shotguns were a bit too large for them. Standard carbines were also front heavy and they had a hard time keeping them on target.

Then came the PS90.. the 5.7 has almost no recoil, it was easy to use and reliable enough for HD use. The bullpup design was balanced. it can be fired with one hand like a pistol. It is also ambidextrous which helps my daughter, who is a lefty. They can also charge the action, go through the manual of arms easily. Both had a difficult time with the AR and AKM type carbines.My 8 year old nephew can consistently hit 6" plates with these things at 25 yards.

When SHTF..( see above) I had an arsenal to draw on... but in reality, I was only able to carry one gun. there was no time to load up. At this point.. I chose the PS90. I know that I can deliver 50 rounds of devastating V-max hollowpoints on target very accurately and quickly. 50 round mag should be capable of laying down a good amount of firepower and keep a bunch of badguys busy for a while.

I did eventually upgraded back to an AR that evening. But I was gearing up for a drive by.. I need a bit more puch to deal with cars.. but sor soft targets, such as a bunch of gang bangers.. the 5.7 was perfect. ( as long as they stayed within 150 yards)

So for basic HD.. my wife and daughter practice with thier PS90s regularly. My sons have chosen AR15s and an SBR Version of the PS90 is my go to gun for things that go bump in the night. ( SBR, Elite ammo, Burris fastfire3, surefire X200 taclight, 2- 50 mag coupler, blackhawk sling)

and when SHTF... a PS90 , saved my son's life and that of his friend. It also saved the life of the badguys as they understood that to continue with hostile actions would result in the effective termination of thier ability to live. PS90 was a force multiplier... because when I went though that ordeal, I was alone. And the ability to deliver devastating firepower stopped hostilities almost instantly. I never even had to fire a shot.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County

I suppose we have to ply you with liquor to hear the story. edit: belay my last...reading the thread now

One of these is on my list as well.

I'd love to go to the range with one of you guys and get a chance to fire one
    I'm currently thinking about an AR 57 upper that uses ps90 mags.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Thanks for the link SCAR, I usually catch your threads, but completely missed that one. Glad to hear that everything worked out, and that you managed to resolve the situation without any need to fire your weapon...the paperwork you'd have gotten put through for shooting that scumbag would have been a bit@H. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom