• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eye hart 762

Apr 8, 2019
    https://youtu.be/tvlIvAdOFZc

Since I was a kid I’ve always loved the Mp5 and most of its variants. Since the Ptr and H&K are out of my budget and PSA is offering a budget friendly alternative, IF it becomes available for sale I wouldn’t mind sneaking one past the wife.

So my question is What do you guys think about it? Anyone have success buying complete PSA firearms? I’ve bought a couple of their uppers but that’s about it.

And last but not least, would the powers that be allow us Marylanders purchase them or should I keep dreaming?

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    They've been talking about it for a long time. Have to see what the quality and price are like, and if they get a solid and cheaper aftermarket rolling.

Interestingly enough, H&K finally released their SP5 for $2800.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    PSA is not known for quaity control. And the HK roller guns are known to be challenging to build correctly. I'll be interested to see how badly PSA screws this up.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Never mind the PSA5, is there any advantage to having a roller delayed blow back design for a semi-auto pistol caliber? Isn't the MP5 really designed for full auto? A lot of sophistication and expense for just a semi-auto. How about something based off of the SIG MPX?

Now a full auto version? Hell yes! Course that's not going to happen with new manufacture.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Never mind the PSA5, is there any advantage to having a roller delayed blow back design for a semi-auto pistol caliber? Isn't the MP5 really designed for full auto? A lot of sophistication and expense for just a semi-auto. How about something based off of the SIG MPX?

Now a full auto version? Hell yes! Course that's not going to happen with new manufacture.

There absolutely is an advantage. Softer recoil, especially compared to a direct blowback AR/MPX. It was designed as a carbine. It will be a great gun to SBR.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    PSA is not known for quaity control. And the HK roller guns are known to be challenging to build correctly. I'll be interested to see how badly PSA screws this up.

Looks like it is built by LEADSTAR Arms. Appears PSA has nothing to do with the build.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    There absolutely is an advantage. Softer recoil, especially compared to a direct blowback AR/MPX. It was designed as a carbine. It will be a great gun to SBR.
    Definitely agree on direct blowback AR, though the Sig MPX is a short stroke piston. Still not sure how they pulled that off with a 9mm. Some friends and I did a side by side, and the three of us agreed that it is softer shooting than an MP5, if only slightly.

Another benefit of the MP5 over direct blowback systems: suppression. They tend to suppress better, and they also work better for us wrong handed folk.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

and much quieter than a direct blowback.

although with the weight of an MP5 and the QC of PSA, I'm more likely to get a CMMG Banshee over the PSA5

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scooby225

Latest threads

Top Bottom