• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    There was some ruckus over PSA using MIM gas key bolts or something last week. They got called on it IIRC

for 99 dollars what can you expect

It's not the first time this happened. They also have a habit of selling mislabeled items.

They are a decent company but they need to stop the antics if they wish to become a great company.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    It's not the first time this happened. They also have a habit of selling mislabeled items.

They are a decent company but they need to stop the antics if they wish to become a great company.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think the best thing going for PSA is their proximity to FN. They have great deals on FN barrels

davesomethin

Jun 3, 2013
    Pardon the fifty questions.. The Joe Bob bolt is labeled as:
    " 9310-Case hardened, Shot Peened" ... How does that compare to
    "Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel" bolt?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Here's my PSA upper. I dropped the extra hundred bucks for the MI floating hand guard.
    It's mounted on LRB lower, CMMK LPK, Brownell tube and buffer, and Colt/Rogers stock. The handle is a cheap piece left over from when I had an ATI stock on my Mini 14.

Attachments

• IMG_0549.JPG
      IMG_0549.JPG
      74 KB · Views: 128

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Here's my PSA upper. I dropped the extra hundred bucks for the MI floating hand guard.
    It's mounted on LRB lower, CMMK LPK, Brownell tube and buffer, and Colt/Rogers stock. The handle is a cheap piece left over from when I had an ATI stock on my Mini 14.

How's the fitment? Any wobble between the upper and lower?

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Pardon the fifty questions.. The Joe Bob bolt is labeled as:
    " 9310-Case hardened, Shot Peened" ... How does that compare to
    "Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel" bolt?
    I've read everything I can find about that topic, and it's not clear. I've heard plausible arguments both ways. 9310 is deemed acceptable though, and in the end other things end up mattering more (like heat treat). Only thing that is clear is that 8620 is inferior to both C158 and 9310. Anybody selling 8620 bolts is selling shit (8620 carriers are normal).

AIM has some 9310 bolts as well.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a.../M16+.223/5.56+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=587

Honestly, most people will never shoot enough to see the difference (even with 8620).

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I've read everything I can find about that topic, and it's not clear. I've heard plausible arguments both ways. 9310 is deemed acceptable though, and in the end other things end up mattering more (like heat treat). Only thing that is clear is that 8620 is inferior to both C158 and 9310. Anybody selling 8620 bolts is selling shit (8620 carriers are normal).

AIM has some 9310 bolts as well.
    http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a.../M16+.223/5.56+Bolt+Carrier+Group&groupid=587

Honestly, most people will never shoot enough to see the difference (even with 8620).

some good info, some is 2nd hand from a metallurgist from these guys http://www.cartech.com/

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=385875

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom