PSA Dagger Frame, Should I get that for Advantage Arms 2.2LR Conversion Kit.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I totally blanked on the fact that I still have the Advantage Arms 22LR Conversion Kit. It's one of those things that slipped my mind, and I could've sworn I sold it off. But hey, no complaints here; it just gives me more reason to broaden my options.

While browsing Glock frames, I stumbled upon this intriguing find – the PSA Dagger Compact Complete Frame, priced at $49 with an additional $9 for shipping, totaling $58. Seems like a steal, but before pulling the trigger, pun intended, I'm curious about your thoughts on it. How does it fare in terms of quality and performance?

EDIT: I just saw that it's MD Approved.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    The only thing I’ll throw out - and as info, not any deal killer because, I don’t know if it will impact your goal or not - is it seems the “gap” between the bottom of the slide and the top of the frame is Greater on the Dagger than it is the oem Glock …

I came across this nugget of info after dropping some Timney Alpha triggers in a couple of our Gen 3/4 Glocks … I was (remain) so blown away my attention (and eyes) naturally turned toward the pair of Daggers sitting across the room from the bench I was working at.

So, I did a quick search and immediately started tripping across posts by Dagger owners who’d tried the Timney Alpha’s only to run into bevies of issues ... and eventually I came across the post by the fellow who observed:

- the “gap” between the bottom of the slide and the top of the frame is Greater on the Dagger than it is the oem Glock …

I opted to just forgo trying the couple extra Alphas I have on the shelf in any of our Daggers (for now)

Hopefully, your conversion will slap right on and run like a top!

ymmv

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    The larger Dagger grip frame is probably one of the most comfortable grips I ever held.

I have a Dagger Full Size S. It shoots gud.

OP, if you want to try fitment on one, lemme know, we can slap your .22 kit on my frame and see how it yeets.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just got a Dagger compact upper on Daily Deal. It has a threaded barrel and RMR cut so looking forward to getting a Holosun or something to go on it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I personally didn't like the Dagger(compact) frame much. It was too fat(Beretta fat) in the grip for me.
    Also, the internals were crap. The trigger sucked. The take-down pins are roll pins(worst invention ever), making field stripping all but out of the question. I unable to discern any difference in slide gap between the Dagger frame and any Glock frames I own.

What I did:

I ground the grip down a bit to make the backstrap a little more 'Glocky'(there is ample material thickness to do this without sacrificing frame integrity). Also replaced the trigger with a Timney Alpha Comp trigger. This is my nightstand pistol for now.

What I couldn't do:

The roll pins are not interchangeable with standard Glock pins, so I'm stuck with them.

dag4.jpg
    dag1.jpg
    dag5.jpg

dag2.jpg

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    looks like I have two choices...

1) Keep it AA Kit and buy the Dagger Compact
    2) Sell the AA and buy a Glock 44 to save headache.

#2 ftw (we have enjoyed the first 44 we got so much we bought a second. With the Glock Enhanced Triggers in them they are range favorites!

I personally didn't like the Dagger …The take-down pins are roll pins(worst invention ever), making field stripping all but out of the question. …

What I couldn't do:

The roll pins are not interchangeable with standard Glock pins, so I'm stuck with them.

Boy howdy - whomever comes up with solid pins to replace those roll pins deserves to make a profit. (I was having to beat on them so hard and they still wouldn’t budge, I just had to stop ….)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom