• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Can I get this psa upper and put A1 (triangular) handguards on it? I assume I can, but would like some reassurance I spend the money. Sorry for such a basic question, but when it comes to ARs, I am a complete novice.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    A1s had a pencil (thin) barrel while A2s have a heavier government profile. So if you are going for the full retro look, it would be funky.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The bbl profile would not be nearly as distracting as the flat top upper. ( And unless someone can point me towrds an A1 style removable handle , the wrong sight also. )

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Im not going for 100% accuracy (obviously). It is more of an homage. I just like the old style grips, stock and fore ends. Im gonna put a removable carry handle on it, but I wanted the flat top in case I ever decided to put an optic on it.

I did some research an I can get the triangular handguard cap that will accommodate the .75 barrel.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Im not going for 100% accuracy (obviously). It is more of an homage. I just like the old style grips, stock and fore ends. Im gonna put a removable carry handle on it, but I wanted the flat top in case I ever decided to put an optic on it.

I did some research an I can get the triangular handguard cap that will accommodate the .75 barrel.

I think it will come with the triangle cap. IIRC most 20" barrels use that style, but the a1 handguards will fit the circular cap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom