• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goalie098

Trigger Monkey
    Oct 18, 2010
    Finksburg, MD
    You know I understand that people hunt public land like the reservoirs in the area. I also support that. Here is my beef. If your gonna hunt public land and you get near private property and there are stands there clearly visible, Don't jump in a climber or a pop up and cut off the private land. If there is a stand there somebody is hunting there regularly. Be polite and move to another spot. I understand that "legally" you can do it but that means that legally I can park a running tractor on my side of the line and let it run all day! Just sayin.:mad54:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Can't fix stupid.

Can't fix PETA members firing off dozens of shots at sunrise and sunset and you can't fix tree hugging neighbors who beat on steel trash can lids to drive the deer away.

It's what we must endure as hunters.

Good rant though.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    Can't fix stupid.

Can't fix PETA members firing off dozens of shots at sunrise and sunset and you can't fix tree hugging neighbors who beat on steel trash can lids to drive the deer away.

Good rant though.

sounds like you need to have gunfire at sunrise and sunset all day year long to normalize the wile creatures :)

id find out which kind of pollen your neighbors are allergic to, and see how much they want to hug the new trees.... or get a dog that likes to take a dump in their flowers. also plant bamboo on your property line, and get a goat... see how much they love nature and animals.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg

Ummm....yes you can.

It is called "hunter harassment" and the DNR Police take it seriously. It is a chargeable offense.

You have somebody doing this, call the DNR Police, and get them on video if you can. Press the charges.

Interference With Hunters

Section 10-422(b) of the Natural Resources Article, Annotated Code of Maryland- “Interference with Hunters:”

Prohibited Acts—While on private land that is owned by another person or in a hunting area on land managed by DNR, a person may not: (1) Interfere intentionally with the lawful taking of wildlife by another person; or (2) Harass, drive, or disturb any game animal intentionally for the purpose of disrupting a lawful hunt.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I understand your rant. And can say I am one who hunts just about only on public land. And no I would not set up near a line if I see a stand or blind.

BUT as Devils advocate here......if your stand is so close to line (still legal understandably) and someone sets up on public land that it effects your hunt aren't you actually hunting the public land from your side?

There are only so many places some of us (non land owners, non leaseholder) can hunt. If it looks like a good spot from your side, it probably looks like a good spot from public side.

I would not interfere, or harass anyone's hunt and can understand your rant....just a prospective from the other side of the fence.

CronusTRD

Creeper
    Mar 1, 2007
    I have private land that backs up to the reservoir and had a tree stand stolen off my property. Extremely peeved about it.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Ummm....yes you can.

It is called "hunter harassment" and the DNR Police take it seriously. It is a chargeable offense.

You have somebody doing this, call the DNR Police, and get them on video if you can. Press the charges.

Interference With Hunters

Section 10-422(b) of the Natural Resources Article, Annotated Code of Maryland- “Interference with Hunters:”

Prohibited Acts—While on private land that is owned by another person or in a hunting area on land managed by DNR, a person may not: (1) Interfere intentionally with the lawful taking of wildlife by another person; or (2) Harass, drive, or disturb any game animal intentionally for the purpose of disrupting a lawful hunt.

Interfering with a legal hunt only takes place if the Douchenozzle trespasses onto private property or engages in the act on public hunting land.

A Douchenozzle can act as such if they are on their own property.

Cops and DNR won't touch it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hey , I have my personal preferences as to how much territory I would like to have to myself/ partner. But Md is a populated state, and there is only so much real estate, both public access and private made selectivly available for hunting. And when small to medimum-ish tracts are surrounded by suburban sprawl that will impact within a variable margin of the property borders.

It sucks , but at a certain point you have to decide to either deal with it as it is, lease a really big tract of land, or travel for several hours.

(FWIW - I squeeze in the hour here and there at Biggfoot homegrounds, but when taking extended days off to hunt on purpose for modern firearm deer , it's off to far western Md or mtns of Va. There are several local public options good for squirel , and probably Bow , but the turnout for modern Firearms exceeds my personal levels.)

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    Everyone else is an ******* when your the first one in the woods.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I acquire anywhere from 2 to 6 tree stands a year on my place..

I have had men on my farm hunting illegally and when confronted they tell me they have permission to hunt there.
    Its funny to see there faces when I tell them I am the owner and have owned this property well over 20 years.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    Can't fix stupid.

Good rant though.

This is interesting I've never thought of the antis doing that. The past couple times I've gone out, I've heard gun shots at least 30 mins before shooting hours (not too close though) and thought to myself, short of spotlighting, there's no way you'd be able to see what you were shooting. Maybe this is what was going on instead -- especially in MoCo:tdown:.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    The Frederick County public land I hunted on the last couple years is bordered by a large working farm and I found out the hard way that not all land owners appreciate people legally hunting near their land. The landowner and his adult sons would during the middle of the dawn and dusk "peak opportunity" hunting hours sometimes ride ATVs through the middle of the public land off their property and then discharge firearms just behind their home even during bow season. I used to call him the "whistling man" because while he would ride his ATV along the public hunting trails, he would whistle loudly and continuously some repetitive tune or collection of notes that really got on my nerves after a while.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    The Frederick County public land I hunted on the last couple years is bordered by a large working farm and I found out the hard way that not all land owners appreciate people legally hunting near their land. The landowner and his adult sons would during the middle of the dawn and dusk "peak opportunity" hunting hours sometimes ride ATVs through the middle of the public land off their property and then discharge firearms just behind their home even during bow season. I used to call him the "whistling man" because while he would ride his ATV along the public hunting trails, he would whistle loudly and continuously some repetitive tune or collection of notes that really got on my nerves after a while.

That sh!t's illegal. That's interfering with a legal hunt. Anyone ever report those a-holes? Might even be reckless endangerment if they're shooting off guns randomly into the woods.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    That sh!t's illegal. That's interfering with a legal hunt. Anyone ever report those a-holes? Might even be reckless endangerment if they're shooting off guns randomly into the woods.

I did not report him but rather moved to the opposite side of the public land with a different hunter use parking lot. I do not know were his fire was directed but it was emanating close given that I was walking back to my car on the yellow flagged safety zone path along the extreme Eastern boundary of his property behind the farm house. I thought it best at the time not to confront a possible hothead with firearms on his property while toting a bow. I probably should have called someone after getting home but the hour drive cooled me off and tired me out.

newq

101st Poptart Assault BSB
    Mar 6, 2011
    Eldersburg, MD
    You know. I don't have this problem. I go to the range and shoot all day no matter how many times I miss my target or how much the guy next to me is blasting I always manage to put a bunch of hole in whatever creature I am shooting at. Sometimes it the evil paper plate, some days its the nasty zombie. Sometimes its just a dumb son of a bitch standing in the shadows so I see nothing but his outline but I put a bunch of holes in em. You know ya might think its mean to talk about him that way but hell he never moves. Some real tough guys though. I've seen some zombie posted at 30 yards with over 50 rounds in all parts of their body. They just don't go down. I figure if I ever have to defend my home I am good when the courts ask if 50 rounds from a 10 shot pistol were necessary I can tell them I couldn't help it I was scared and reverted back to my training which was to waste all of my ammo shooting until the target was so full of holes that I need to change it.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I did not report him but rather moved to the opposite side of the public land with a different hunter use parking lot. I do not know were his fire was directed but it was emanating close given that I was walking back to my car on the yellow flagged safety zone path along the extreme Eastern boundary of his property behind the farm house. I thought it best at the time not to confront a possible hothead with firearms on his property while toting a bow. I probably should have called someone after getting home but the hour drive cooled me off and tired me out.

You definitely don't need to confront people like that but, there is a safety issue here that should be addressed by the proper authorities. Their rights stop at their property line. Beyond that, they're as bad as anyone daring to trespass onto their land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom