• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Srsanbo

Massive Member
    Oct 4, 2010

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Well PR still has a lot on it's plate. You can carry in public but since it's a "privilege" to own a gun you have a lot of issues to contend. The case that I am talking about is headed to the PR SC. If it fails there it should go up to SCOTUS and would be a slam dunk.

edit:

This was a hell of an argued case. They used Heller and McDonald to nullify the "justifiable need" aka fear for his/or her life for the issuance of a permit. That might go ahead and strike down the nefarious 404 law (gun control law in PR) that's been a bigger PITA than the previous ones. They state that due to the 14th all privileges and immunities applies to PR and stated that people outside of PR would have more rights than people within the island.

I read the original one in spanish. For some reason it's easier for me to read legal stuff in spanish that it is in english. Must be the big words.

The issue is that PR is not a state. It's a territory. So if the jackasses want to argue it all the way up it will define what applies to territories that are not states. DC might go to hell. Guam, Saipan etc. This will be a good one. It would be nice for them to argue and we can open carry Tiger Striped Desert Eagles in the mall.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    They're saying the PR government is NOT going to challenge the ruling and thus it will not go to the PR supreme court. So they're shall-issue as of now.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/puertorico.pdf

Info is a little vague on obtaining a CCW. Looks like you'll have to do everything in person, so it could be useless unless you go there alot. They apparently do also have a reciprocity law, but they don't recognize any other permits. I'm curious if HR 822 will put them in the mix also.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    They're saying the PR government is NOT going to challenge the ruling and thus it will not go to the PR supreme court. So they're shall-issue as of now.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/puertorico.pdf

Info is a little vague on obtaining a CCW. Looks like you'll have to do everything in person, so it could be useless unless you go there alot. They apparently do also have a reciprocity law, but they don't recognize any other permits. I'm curious if HR 822 will put them in the mix also.

Step 1: Join a shooting club/league
    Step 2: Ask for permission to purchase a gun
    Step 3: Ask permission again to purchase a gun.
    Step 4: Buy the gun.
    Step 5: Wait.

That's just for basic possession. You can only carry it to and from the range in your vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom